This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 737 PIC mini tutorial -- I can't get it working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

737 PIC mini tutorial -- I can't get it working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 737 PIC mini tutorial -- I can't get it working
    Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 7:31pm
I'm trying to follow the 737 PIC mini-tutorial found below:

It is a simple take off and landing at KVBG.  The tutorial is very detailed and gives step by step instructions.  The whole thing should take maybe 10 mins to execute for someone more seasoned than myself.

At steps 27-28 it says I should be intercepting the localizer, with the magenta indicator at the bottom of the PFD swining to the middle.  However this never happens and eventually I fly out of range and both indicators disappear.

If somone could run through this tutorial and verify that it works I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Mike

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 8:37am
Hi Mike,

I knocked up this tutorial whilst carrying out the actions myself (KVBG is where I do most product testing!), so it should work.

Do you have 110.10 tuned into the NAV1 radio and the course set to 303 degrees?

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
fasttimes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 11:28am
Yes I do.  BTW, at step 22 is says once the beginning of runway 30 is in your 8-oclcok to lower the speed, is that the end of the runway closer to the water?

I did try this on both ends however.  Is it possible to make a youtube video?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 12:02pm
The end of runway 12 is closest to the water.

Please contact our support team and we will try and work out where you are going wrong:

http://www.justflight.com/supportrequest.asp?supportProductID=31

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
fasttimes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 9:51pm
Martyn,

I submitted a request.  I also made a video showing you whats going on.

You should be able to jump through the boring parts :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic