This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Captain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 757 Captain
    Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 9:35pm
Hello,

I received my 757 Captain on Saturday, so thank you very much for the quick dispatch Just Flight. Wink

Unfortunately, I am having a few problems. Nothing to do with the product I think; possibly my pc. Confused

This is what is happening to the aircraft when i load it. It is happening for every 757 model and other aircraft are also missing bits.

I have done some research and I do have SP1 and SP2 installed. Also, some of the panels on the 757 are not showing. Possibly related to this issue??

Your help would be most apprecciated. I'm a bit lost at what to do. Unhappy

Thank you. Smile
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Firstly, do you have "Advanced Animations" checked in the display settings?

Advanced animations shouldn't make a difference, I never tick that and have not had any problems.

It does with PMDG addons though.  The main part of my suggestion was to try the HIGHMEMFIX=1 entry.  It's a recently discovered fix to a long running problem with FSX running out of memory resulting in missing parts of the model and blank screens.
Kind regards,
Tom
Speedbird-001 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:10pm
Thanks for all your replies everyone; much apprecciated.

I am in the C: Drive, but I can not see Documents and Settings.
However, I have found my way to Program Files in FSX...is this the same?
Where is the cfg file and what should it look like?
Many thanks
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:13pm
I keep posting in topics, but they are not showing and, if they are, they are in the wrong place. Confused

Anyway, thanks for your replies, they are most apprecciated.

I am in the C: drive, but cant see the documents folder. However, I have found my way to the program files and the FSX folder; is this the same thing?
Also, what does the cfg file look like? Is it a folder or icon?

Thanks
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:34pm
Hi all,

i've added the suffix to the fsx.cfg file, but it still has the problem. Ermm Any other ideas?

thanks
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:33pm
I've done a little more research and I was wandering whether this issue relates to my FPS?
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:38pm
Nothing to do with FPS there.

I sometimes have that issue. Nothing is "extended", but the chocks/doors/etc are everywhere.

Not sure how I fix it. Usually I just close and re-load FSX but not sure if that's really a "fix".

Are you running the latest FSUIPC?

First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:40pm
I have tried closing, restarting, reloading and everything, but it just doesn't want to work. Unhappy

When I installed the 757, I think it asked me about that and I installed it. I'm not 100% sure though.

Thanks for your reply. Smile
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:54pm
Seeing as you only got it recently, have you installed the 4.3 patch? That combined with the latest FSUIPC could help (although my autopilot STILL rocks the wings heavily when in the cruise/approach). I'm afraid I haven't seen this problem though (yet!)
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:57pm
4.3 patch? Where do I download that and the latest FSUIPC?

Many thanks
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:00pm
It's all here

http://justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=187&supportProductName=757%20Captain

If your running FSX you want 4.3 patch, fs2004 needs the 2.1 patch. There is also a link on that page for the FSUIPC. Hope this helps!
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:00pm
Downloadable from the 757 Support section of the Just Flight website

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:02pm
Thankyou SkyFly. I will download those both and let you know how I get on. Smile
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:03pm
Yeah please do, mine still doesn't work properly so I know how you feel!
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:06pm
I feel really bad asking for help when it doesnt work, because I got it free. Ermm
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:18pm
Both installed, computer restarted and it's still not working. Cry
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:33pm
Ah, I'm afraid all I can suggest is contacting support from the Just Flight website (I shall too to sort out the wings rocking I hope). Here's the link:

http://justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=187&supportProductName=757%20Captain

Scroll to the VERY bottom and there is a small 'click here' for the form. Let us know how you get on!
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:42pm
Thanks for the link - I didn't see the small contact box!
I have sent them an email and will let you know how I get on. Thumbs%20Up
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 10:00pm
The support team should get you up and running. 757 Captain isn't the most bug free product ever made, but it is a very good one!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 10:07pm
Firstly, do you have "Advanced Animations" checked in the display settings?

Secondly, this might be to do with the FSX disappearing textures issue.  It is triggered when FSX fills up its allocated memory, and happens more with models with lots of detail (like this one).  In your FSX.cfg, under [GRAPHICS] add the line 'HIGHMEMFIX=1'.  Save and re-run.  Does this solve it?
Kind regards,
Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic