This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I re-compile the traffic database?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I re-compile the traffic database?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:02am
If you have created new flight plans, editing existing flight plans or made other changes within the Traffic Control Centre, you will need to re-compile the traffic database for those changes to appear in FSX.

To re-compile the traffic database, please open the Traffic Control Centre and click on Traffic Movements.

Click on the Compile Traffic X Flight Plans button, select the TrafficX.bgl file and click Save. If it asks you whether you wish to overwrite the existing file, choose Yes.

The traffic database will re-compile, reflecting any changes that you have made within the Traffic Control Centre.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Herbie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 8:27pm
Hello Martyn!
I tried the whole weekend making a Circuit flight at CYKF 14:00 hr. No other airplane around (I had 4 AI in the morning parking and moving) but mine flightplan won't show. I did send you my BGL file last week, AI traffic OK, but none of my own. Waiting to hear from you. Best Regards, Herb
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 8:11am
THis post should have been sent direct to Martyn by pm/email.
johnep
cheap charlie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheap charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:59pm
This sounds like the right place for my question. I have had this product for a few months and am only interested in adding traffic automatically when Im ready to go, whats the best way to do this?

I usually just push the button and fly however lately Ive only notice FSX default aircraft so maybe Im doing something wrong
cheap charlie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheap charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:27am
i have an add airport vtbs

this airport was vtbd and got changed to vtbs after fsx was released. i need to rename it to show vtbs so i can have ai traffic or traffic x.

i have been told to simply change the aircraft ai files to show vtbs, how can i do that in traffic x, thanks in advance
wingclip1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingclip1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 1:46am

My problem is that there is NO "trafficX" or "Traffic360" bgl in the list! I had uninstalled the airport textures of Traffic 360, (I have AEHDX), using their panel per instructions so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

The problem is that the number of aircraft in the sky after 30 minutes just doesn't seem to be correct when I consider that my sliders are at 82% to 87%. I tried 100% and saw no difference and thought that I may be causing the aircraft to appear more slowly over time if at 100% so I moved them to the 80's.

I'm 2 miles outside of El Paso, TX international, (KELP), and it's about 8:00PM. I can't see any other aircraft from to plane’s cockpit, (FL250), and I can only count 4 planes in flight when in the Top Down view and I'm pulled back 100.000 feet from the ground, (I can almost get the Tucson, AZ airport in view and that over 260 miles west).

I'm doing something wrong and I'm afraid that, in messing with the other settings, I've probably caused some sort of 'in-flight population crop'. I started messing with all that because after I installed the program, none of the airports had any aircraft in them.

There were plenty of airport vehicles, but no planes. I thought I understood that I didn't have to do anything with the program if I just wanted random AI traffic but because everything was missing, I started trying the various options in the TCC.

I wasn't making any flight plans, (frankly, I have no idea why I, or anyone else would want to setup flight plans for AI aircraft, but... whatever). But I don't have a Trafficx/Traffic360.bgl file and I don't know why that is.

I'm tired...Confused
Asrock Z 77 Extreme 4 /16 gigs Ram /700W PSU /Intel i7 2600K /Radeon HD 7850PE /CPU cooling with Swiftech H220, (4) 120mm fans push/pull config) /OS drive: Samung 840 EVO 500GB SSD /FSX Dedicated SSD
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:46am
Sorry, this has changed. You will need to overwrite the 'ai-traffic.bgl' file in that folder instead.

Please remember that any issues need to be reported to our support team: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic