This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A fun job today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A fun job today
    Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:10pm
I picked up a job today from Wrangell to Craig, Alaska, for 872 pounds of household goods.

The quickest and fastest way to complete it was to ship it in the Metroliner but the latter destination, Craig has no runway, just a seaplane base. So I had my trusty AI pilot (Denise Milani) fly my amphibious Skywagon and meet me in Klawock while I repoed the Metro from Petersburg to Wrangell (see map below--empty legs in green, cargo legs in red);

I flew the cargo to Klawock where I met Denise at the ramp.

One of my other planes, the Beech 1900 was there from a previous job.

Using the transfer function, I offloaded the cargo onto the Skywagon and departed for the short hop to Craig (I gave  Denise another job in the 1900Wink).

This is the waterfront at Klawock;

Five minutes by air and the village of Craig can be seen in the distance;

Taxiing in;

And shut down with the courier's truck there to accept my cargoTongue:

Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 6:52am
Great pics and story Brian!Thumbs%20Up  Beautiful area.
Chazz View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:23am
Great!

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:18am
Very nice work!
skd View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 3:13pm
Nice work!
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 1:37pm
Great pics

Col.
ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 11:34pm
Looked like a great trip! Cool
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 8:39am
the metroliner where did you get that addon looks great??????? please let me know :D
j.staddon
Yardman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 9:53am
Thanks for the pictures!
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 5:41pm
nice images and nice story, still cant work out how you get ai pilots to fly empty plane.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic