This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

?Question about Pilots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Able Element Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ?Question about Pilots
    Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:19am
Why is it that a Ai Pilot could get Derlivered 10 or even more Cargo on time..But the Reputation Baerly Moves...All my 7 Pilots have each Delivered more than 10 Cargos Loads on time..But Stil my Rep is 61.50..From the Last Cargo that i Delivered....But let 1 Pilot Derliver a Cargo Late and that they do effect...??Why if they are Delivering Cargo just like i am...??why cant the Rep move at the same Rate with the Ai Pilots as it moves when i make a Delivery...
Able Element
DaleM View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:31am
The reason is that AI pilots don't improve your rep. The rep increase only comes about by your own deliveries.

If the AI pilots fail a job however, then you rep will decrease.

So the end result is Rep only increases from YOUR deliveries.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:34am

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5706

Thread: Useful Info & Top Tips!

Article: PURPOSE & LIMITATIONS OF AI PILOTS

John Allard
Able Element View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Able Element Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:46am
But that is my Point...Why cant the Ai that i Hire..Help increase the Rep....They do Work for my Company....If they cant help bring the Rep up..Then they should not effect the Rep either...If they effect the Rep they should also Help it..If they cant Help it then they Should not Affect it at all.....It just makes no Sense...
Able Element
mugc View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mugc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:54am

AI Pilots are great for increasing revenue – they can make you lots of money and help the company grow – but the risk in having them make you $ is that they can cost you rep that takes a while to gain back. There would be very little challenge if AI gained you rep – you could just sit back and let the AI do all the work. AirHauler does a good job at ensuring you actually do a lot of flying yourself! It works quite well once you get use to the constraints! Smile
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 5:31am

Quote Why cant the Ai that i Hire..Help increase the Rep

Because then you wouldn't have to fly at all, and that's one of the PRIMARY design criteria of AH - to force YOU to fly.

------------------------------------------

Quote If they cant Help it then they Should not Affect it at all

No matter how poorly you use them? 

Good management is rewarded with cash - poor management results in penalties in both reputation and cash. 

Managed with due care and attention to detail, AI pilots are a printing press for money.  If done carefully and conservatively it is possible to make a lot of money with very little impact on reputation, or none at all.  If you don't pay attention to upcoming 100 hour inspections, accept jobs with little margin from the expiration time or fail to get rid of inept pilots, well, defecation occurs.

------------------------------------------

Quote It just makes no Sense

It does if you look at it in the context of being an incentive for the owner/user to fly jobs himself and a disincentive to run an AI-only company.  If you're going to get to 100% reputation from an Easy Mode start, you're going to have to complete about 200 jobs yourself, with essentially no errors or bad luck; even more than that if you start in one of the more difficult modes.

Achieving 100% reputation is not meant to be a triviality - you have to work for it.

John Allard
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Able Element Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 7:52am
thank's for your Reply....It makes Total Sense what your Saying.....
Able Element
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Able Element Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 7:59am
What you and MUGC are saying make all the Sense in the World...I dont know why i did not Figure that out by my Self...Clown.......Thank's for your Reply....Now i am Really Glad that the Ai cant Bring up my Rep,,,Cause i Love to Fly and make my own Deliveries....
Able Element
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic