This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

youTube Comments Not Showing!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: youTube Comments Not Showing!
    Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 1:56pm

Is anybody else experiencing these issues? Just lately, my youTube comments are not showing up anymore. Usually, I would type the comment, click on "Post Comment", and it would then say,.."Comment Posted". I would then simply refresh the page and I could see my comment. Now this doesn't happen anymore. Google search shows that quite a few users of youTube have the same problem. I haven't accidentally blocked myself either!

However,...I found out that there is one way to view your comment. Go to the bottom of the comments page and select.."Show All". Your comment will be shown but the page is NOT the video page.
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 4:26pm
Hi Stringbean,

Comments are moderated first before they appear on our YouTube videos - this is not because we want to filter out any negative ones, but simply because there are some very silly commented posted by some YouTube visitors which are effectively "spam" messages. We regularly go through the comments that have been posted and enable the ones that are related to the video, and not the ones that aren't.
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:08pm
SimUK,...thanks for your reply but I wasn't actually referring to Just Flight videos on youTube. However, I do appreciate that some comments will be "Pending" by the makers of their videos. No, I'm talking in general. No comments are showing on any youTube videos. I'm not the only one according to a Google search on the subject but I just wondered how widespread this is.
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:38am
Now I know why many people including myself wasn't having their posts showing recently when commenting on various video clips. youTube has had a makeover.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Stringbean Stringbean wrote:

Now I know why many people including myself wasn't having their posts showing recently when commenting on various video clips. youTube has had a makeover.

Im a huge user of YouTube, comment frequently across many different channels, but I have to say I've only noticed it once or twice Confused

And with regards to the makeover, its horrible isn't it.  Many people are complaining about it.
Generic forum signature
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 11:34am
I am getting similar problems.

Whenever I try and post a comment on one of my videos, it just says "error"  in red writing next to the comment box!

Confused

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic