This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playstation 1 Nostalgia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playstation 1 Nostalgia
    Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:57am
I found my old stack of PS1 games today and was pleasantly surprised when I found Spyro the Dragon (the first instalment)

Did anybody have the first game ? What do you think about it ?  THE best platform game ever made in my opinion.  Music was fantastic, game-play was fantastic, levels were fantastic, graphics were fantastic. . .pretty much everything about this game was. . .fantastic.  Very nostalgic thinking back Smile

Anybody got any favourites for the PS1 ?

Chris.
Generic forum signature
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 1:04am
Awwww man. I LOVED that game.

That, and crash bandicoot I think, looking back.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 1:30am
I always liked GTA London on the PS1 and of course, LMA Manager. Big%20smile
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 2:10am
I likes the Medievil games and Medal of Honor best. Hogs of War was a killer in multiplayer.
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 8:09am
Hogs of war was defiantly epic, I can remember playing Multi against on of my mates, The 'super shotgun' that fired a pig off of the map!.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 8:11am
I remember playing Spyro the Dragon on the PS1. I loved that game!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:58pm
I never actually had a PS1.  The first console I owned was a PS2.  However I do have fond memories of playing Crash Bandicoot with my cousin over at his!
Kind regards,
Tom
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 1:59pm
Abe's Odyssey....amazing.

ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by SamR SamR wrote:

I could never complete that!! Too bloody hard!

Abe's Exoddus was even better ;p
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by ConcordeGuy ConcordeGuy wrote:

Originally posted by SamR SamR wrote:

I could never complete that!! Too bloody hard!

Abe's Exoddus was even better ;p
Woooowwwwwww!

You guys like Abe's Exoddus?

I'm a mental, mental fan of Oddworld's Abe's series for PC. They were fantastic, and was absolutely delighted when I managed to get it working on Windows 7 just a few weeks ago.

Great storyline, nice challenges, very funny... Just awesome.

Heheh, but seriously, biggest Abe's Exoddus/Odysee fan ever hereWink.

ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 10:00pm
NO, I'm the biggest fan!

I love the series so much! I've got exoddus on the PC so I might actually get it installed on 7, too!
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 10:06pm

Let's have a test! Without Googling:

What is the name given to Abe's ability to destroy everything in sight, using power of rescued Muds?

Quite easy really, if you've played it alot that isWink.

What was your favourite aspect of AE?

Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:10pm
Spyro was just epic, there wasn't many games that I think could come close to it, brilliant!
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 7:58am
Ah yes, Spyro. That game was amazing, Spyro Gateway to Glimmer was very good as well, they added the ability to swim in that installment.

One which scared me to bits was Dino Crisis (bare in mind I was only 7 or 8 years old), my Aunt use to play that non stop.

Matt.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Matt N Matt N wrote:

Dino Crisis

YES! Dino Crisis was awesome!  I didn't find it as epic as Spyro (I dont get that nostalgic feeling thinking about it, like I do with Spyro) but still a damn good game.  My mum used to love playing that as well.
Generic forum signature
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:50pm
I have owned pretty much every console (Apart from the PS3) that has been on the market. When i had a PS1 Spyro and Crash bandicoot was amazing, i could sit and play with them games for ages and not get board.  Funny, Afew weeks ago i bought Spyro for my Xbox 360 and the graphics on that is even more amazing, Spyro has a girlfriend now Wink
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:52pm
Worms!

Can't believe no-one has mentioned it yet! Big%20smile
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 8:18am
I completely forgot about worms! Worms is just funny and amazing, I can't play worms 4D for to long with out feeling sickThumbs%20Down
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

d9 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 9:51am
Still got PS1, and still play Spiro - my daughter, that is...Embarrassed

Rob.
Minty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 12:31pm
Spyro was my favourite as well.

Being Nostalgic
Whos had what and whos still got which / what console incl hand helds

Sega Mega Drive (being nostalgic - fav game Sonic the Hedgehog)
Sega Game Gear (Still got) But dont use - its in the attic - apparently its a collectors item now
Nintendo Wii (Still got) - Sports and Sports Resort
Nintendo DS (Still got) - Wife tends to knab it the most - mainly brain games
Ninrendo Game Boy Advance (Still got) but little used
Playstation 1
Playstation 2 (Still got) - actually got 2 of them cos we use the 2nd one in the caravan as a DVD player - love the Gran Turismo Games & Medal of Honour games - Wife loves Bubble Bobble
Playstation 3 (Still got) - Also doubles as our Blu Ray player
PSP (Still Got) - Car racing games
Hand Held PDA with SPB Quads and Air Islands
PC and Laptop

We have kept the PS2 as the PS3 does not play the PS2 games

Would be interested in hearing your old consoles and fav games
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic