This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is CHEATING in Air Hauler?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurelio84118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is CHEATING in Air Hauler?
    Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 3:39am

What is CHEATING in Air Hauler?

I have been at this hobby since 1984 when I bought my first Commodore-64. My philosophy has always tended toward exploiting any weakness I find in a computer game. Here are a few things I have discovered about Air Hauler.

First, let me say that AH is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It has provided me with many hours of excellent game-play, and I salute the developers.

THE FIRST BREAK-THROUGH

When you assign a job to an AI pilot, they always fly with a full tank of fuel which severely limits their cargo capacity. However, you can load the aircraft manually from the FLIGHT SCREEN, increasing the cargo load and off-loading fuel. Then assign a pilot to fly to the destination. If you make a note of the destination and arrival time, you can unload the job manually. This technique can turn a 2 or even 3 flight job into a one-flight job. You must take notes and become a flight-controller in order to manage this, but it can nearly double your earning capacity.

Is this cheating? I think not. Any intelligent pilot would off-load unnecessary fuel in order to save an extra flight! Any intelligent manager would insist upon it!

THE SECOND BREAK-THROUGH

Anyone who has played AH knows that your REPUTATION determines the quality of the jobs available to you. While AI pilot failures can lower your reputation, they cannot advance it. The only way you can increase your REPUTATION is to fly complete jobs yourself. Using the technique described in THE FIRST BREAK-THROUGH, every time I manually unload another pilot's cargo, the job was credited to me and my company gains reputation points.

After only 2 days of using these techniques, my reputation has soured to over 70, and I had bring on new pilots and open new bases in order to deal with the increased demand.

Is this cheating? I don't know, maybe your should ask the developers. I have become a millionaire so I don't care.

Pity, pity....if only I were a  millionaire in real live. :)

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 3:59am

In my opinion what you describe is not cheating. 

Some things like this have been discussed here before.  This represents the CEO getting out on the ramp, rolling up his sleeves and bearing a hand in the day to day operations.  The techniques you describe require a deeper level of personal involvement, more effort and extra management on the part of the owner/user to exploit them.  If he reaps a monetary or reputation reward for it, so be it.

Certainly these and other exploits might possibly be "closed up" in future updates, but I would not characterize them as "cheats". 

Like many other features of AH, it's up to the individual user whether he will use the techniques or not.  It's another set of variables that makes each person's playing style different and further negates any attempts at "keeping score" between users.  It's not just a matter of comparing apples and oranges, it's grapes and pomeganetes, dates and figs, breadfruit and yucca too.  There are just an awful lot of different ways to slice and dice this thing.

John Allard
capt mcg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt mcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 5:11pm
"THE SECOND BREAK-THROUGH
Anyone who has played AH knows that your REPUTATION determines the quality of the jobs available to you. While AI pilot failures can lower your reputation, they cannot advance it. The only way you can increase your REPUTATION is to fly complete jobs yourself. Using the technique described in THE FIRST BREAK-THROUGH, every time I manually unload another pilot's cargo, the job was credited to me and my company gains reputation points.

After only 2 days of using these techniques, my reputation has soured to over 70, and I had bring on new pilots and open new bases in order to deal with the increased demand.

Is this cheating? I don't know, maybe your should ask the developers. I have become a millionaire so I don't care."
Yes you will get the credit for the flight and gain the funds. But if I recall, at the time the original flight would have been unloaded AH changes a few things. First of all go to the jobs completed and you will notice that your name isn't there anymore on that specific Job. It has been replaced with the original AI's name that was assigned.

But, with what you are saying you probably don't care as you got the reps, and the money, and the credit for the flight in numbers only.

You'll also be saddened to know that being a Millionaire in real life really isn't that big of a deal. Only benefit is that your Income Tax is out of this world, and the interest you gain on various accounts isn't worth squat. Better to invest in a Cargo Company, and let the other Pilots fly the jobs while you count the cash.

I made my first Million at age 28, and have been supporting the FEDS ever since.

Happy flying.
www.airhauler.net/banner/banner.png-<captmcg>
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:39pm
I wouldn't do the second breakthrough - burt I agree with the first, it makes more sense. But doing that for the 12 jobs my AI flies each day, I'd be on nearly every hour, unlaoding etc. SO I agree with the occaisonal, no more.

My rep is still at 45%, but I hope to get some awesome flying in the hols to bring it up to 60% or so :D
SlimNasty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimNasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 5:05am
Personally I wouldn't do either, but if players want to play this way then fair enough as you have to put in the effort making a note of all those times and making sure your on your PC for all that loading and unloading.

However I have 29 AI pilots and it takes me about an hour to set them to smash through the jobs as quickly as possible. Yes I could earn more cash, but it doesn't take that many days to earn enough for my monthly overheads and I have a varied fleet which you can check out at my site:

http://web.me.com/slimnasty/SlimAir_Logistics/Welcome.html
SlimNasty
doc289456 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc289456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 11:46am
i know this is old post but i just stumbled across it.

I found that you can cheat by winding back the computer clock.

Open Airhauler. let it generate jobs. 
close airhauler. change computer time back a week or so, sometimes more time might be needed.
Open airhauler. now all jobs have a stack of time to complete. you can assign all the jobs to your AI pilot.
close airhauler.
reset time
open airhauler and provided nothing went wrong with your plane, your AI pilot just completed all the jobs and hopefully made you a lot of money in a short amount of time.
you could repeat this as often as you like

Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 1:18pm
Going back in time can corrupt the database. So its done at your own risk.
Kipendale View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipendale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by aurelio84118 aurelio84118 wrote:

THE FIRST BREAK-THROUGH

When you assign a job to an AI pilot, they always fly with a full tank of fuel which severely limits their cargo capacity. However, you can load the aircraft manually from the FLIGHT SCREEN, increasing the cargo load and off-loading fuel. Then assign a pilot to fly to the destination. If you make a note of the destination and arrival time, you can unload the job manually. This technique can turn a 2 or even 3 flight job into a one-flight job. You must take notes and become a flight-controller in order to manage this, but it can nearly double your earning capacity.

Okay, I have tried that but it doesn't work.  Whenever I load the plane manually then give it to the pilot he says there's already cargo on board so it cannot be re-assigned.Confused

Andrew

Bud Greene View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bud Greene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 3:05am
A very easy way to earn reputation is to open a base on an island with at least two airports with sizeable runways. Buy 3 or 4 of the lightest aircraft with the shortest range and a medium (or heavy depending on the runway lengths on the island) aircraft. Accept all the jobs to and from the airports on the island. With this method it's possible to complete 20-30 jobs in only one very short flight!
fuzzy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 11:30am
I am having a problem, I load the cargo then I go to My Jobs and try to assign to pilot, it claims that there's no cargo waiting to be collected for these jobs!
Scott
Mark View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:09pm
  I think the problem you are having is loading the cargo then assigning it to a pilot,i would just choose a job and then assign it and they will load it themselves.

fuzzy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 2:20pm
ok, but they you don't get the extra credit for loading it yourself.  
Scott
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 6:16pm
You only get credit for unloading it anyway.
fuzzy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:29am
Originally posted by aurelio84118 aurelio84118 wrote:

THE FIRST BREAK-THROUGH

When you assign a job to an AI pilot, they always fly with a full tank of fuel which severely limits their cargo capacity. However, you can load the aircraft manually from the FLIGHT SCREEN, increasing the cargo load and off-loading fuel. Then assign a pilot to fly to the destination. If you make a note of the destination and arrival time, you can unload the job manually. 

How do I access the  "FLIGHT SCREEN"?   How  do I "assign a pilot to fly to the destination"?

Scott
fuzzy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:38pm
My Fleet screen - select ac, right mouse load / unload

My Fleet screen - select ac, in lower RIGHT is button "Fly Aircraft to airport AI"

Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic