This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

727 Captain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 727 Captain
    Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 1:20pm
I received my DVD for FSX yesterday and after installing it I was most disappointed to find that:

a) there is no 2D cockpit view as mentioned in the 'Crew Operations Manual' that came with the DVD.

b) I could not find/access the panel switcher described in the 'Manual' having tried  keys Shft+1 several times.

c) when using the 3D virtual cockpit to find the Battery Switch I then found that the switch guard cover would not open to show the switch operation. There was no indication whether it was on or off when it was clicked with the mouse.

d) none of the engine/electrical power gauges displayed anything. They were all blank. This could be due to the problem with the battery switch.

I tried to obtain support but '727 Captain' is not yet listed as an option. These problems aside, the interior and exterior views look very good. Shame that I can't fly this aircraft.
GeoffZ
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:13am
Hi Geoff,

I've just added a 727 Captain support page. Please submit details on any issues that you are having and our team will look into it for you.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ketracell View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ketracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 11:30pm
My dear friend!
We all have problems with new softvers!Send a letter for support and pray for updates!
There is many things missing from the box after you were read the manual.
2D cockpit not that important,good advise learn to fly from virtual cockpit!We have 5-6 camera in vc so you have a great control after you set them to the right position.
Anyway you must have SP2 for FSX!
GeoffZ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:54pm
Hi ketracell,

Thank you for your tip re SP2 for FSX. I thought I had it installed but, on checking, I hadn't.
I installed it this morning, rerun FSX with Captain 727 and everything worked, after a fashion. The tutorial in the 'Manual' needs rewriting to sort out a lot of anomolies. For a start, the engines are already running.
I managed to complete the tutorial flight but not quite according to the manual. One thing in particular that erked me was that I found the autopilot pitch control extremely slow to take effect. Smile
GeoffZ
ketracell View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ketracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 8:33pm
Hi Geoffz!

Sorry man there is too many question u have and I all have the answers,so if something missing ask again please!
Engine are always running in fsx!It isnt an issue of your add-on aircraft!You must set your fsx for dark and cold state whic is realy easy and after all your hungar will be load up in cold state.
1:You need an add-on aircraft with cold and dark turtorial.C 727,767 or PIC 737 has this one on CD.All you need to do copy them C:\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files and load one of them(any of them not really matter in this case) from Free Flight menu(next to Fuel and Payload says LOAD)Maybe you will received some error massage or something but never mind we need clear startup cfg and we will get it!!
2:Once you are done press ALT and choise from the pop up menu some important things!
a:your favourite aircraft b:your favourite airport and your gate
Now you have your most loved aircraft in dark and cold and your airport on your favoruite gate!So far so good!
3:again from top menu FLIGHTS,3rd from the top SAVE and a menu came up
4:give your startup a name then bottom line there is a wee box says :MAKE THIS THE DEFAULT FLIGHT-please choise this one tick on it!
From now when you starting your fsx in free flight you will see your aircraft on your airport and it will be dark and cold,everything goes on the same old way like before.
If you dont like this anymore just load up fsx default flight tick the little box at the bootom and save it on the same name,and you done!Back to normal!
727 has no any autopilot:what you have is a basic  something wich is following dircection and climb rate if you switch this one on when you climbing but that is all!And this is beautifull!!:-))So pitch control responding by force so it will not going back to normal(middle)it will follow whereever you turning it.Autopilot will not climb or descend you must do this but you have to disengage the autopilot ALT HOLD.

GeoffZ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:03pm

Hi ketracell,

Sorry about the long delay before replying but I have been busy with other things.

I started the tutorial but before doing anything else I turned off the engines and switched off all the relavent switches to make a 'cold and dark cockpit'. I then saved it on top of the tutorial so that, in future, the tutorial will start 'cold and dark'.

I have completed several flights but have had to land completely manually. I find that the AUTO/GS and MAN/GS do not capture the glideslope. Also, the thumbknob pitch control is next to useless. The autopilot elevator lever has to be disengaged and the pitch adjusted with the control column (joystick).

I hope that a correction patch will be released soon.

GeoffZ 
GeoffZ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic