This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Lost"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Lost"
    Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 3:42am
Anyone else here care to admit they watch this show? Big%20smile

I have to say I loved the first several seasons - even if the physics in some parts was dodgy. Starting last year though, it's gone downhill. .

Some of the stuff that happens is complete crap. If anything, I'd say it's become a sci-fi thing.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 9:36am
And what's wrong with Sci-Fi???

Bad Sci-Fi, yes, lots wrong with that, and if Lost fits into that category fair enough. But next time you use your GPS, thank Arthur C Clark.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 9:40am
I have to say that my interested in Lost has waned of late. Kept watching the last series in the hope of some sort of big payoff for wading through the weirdness but was a bit of a let down.
Can't handle shouting "for the love of God, just answer some questions" at the screen at the end of each episode any more
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 10:27am
I was really into the first season, wouldn't miss an episode. But a little way into the second I began to drift, all the madness going on was too much for me to handle. What with the crazy 'Others' on the island, and a button which had to be pushed every few hours (or was it days?) to stop the island from supposedly blowing up, then there was the numbers 4, 8 15, 16, 23, 42 which kept popping up, and that everyone was there for a reason. Not forgetting the man which was told he would never walk again, but after surviving a horrific plain crash, he walks fine.

Also, Wiki says something about a 'Smoke Monster'? .

Episode by episode there's more questions being made, and less being answered. For me to watch all 6 Seasons I would have to jot down notes during every episode.

Matt.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 10:48am
I never got into it - and I'm glad I didn't. I seem to remember that J.J. even apologised that season 3 was so bad! That's pretty damning. (although he did a bang up job on Star Trek!).

Actors coming out of the jungle in persil white perfectly ironed t-shirts after being marooned for weeks totally spoiled it for me.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 2:58pm
I watched a few episodes when it was first on TV and thought it was crap.

Knew it was one of these shows that would drag on and viewers end up geriatric before any conclusions.

As for the Star Trek movie. It was one of those films, fundamentally flawed in regard to its plot, but still throughly enjoyable.

Sounds paradoxical i know, but that's how I felt.

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 3:09pm
I have season one to watch but never got around to it, its on the same pile as trueblood season 1 and gavin and stacy

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 3:13pm
Lets stick to Storm Chasers Flighty? Big%20smileThumbs%20Up
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 5:41pm
I watch it like reading the Bible
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 6:04pm
Actually, loads of questions from years ago onwards have been answered in the past few episodes. Looks like they were saving everything until last.

It can be very entertaining, but the realism factor has completely gone out the window.
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Odai Odai wrote:

It can be very entertaining, but the realism factor has completely gone out the window.

Very true
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 6:28pm

I loved the physicist though, probably one of the best characters I've ever seen on TV (actor wise too - fantastically done). Big%20smile

Martin, I'd have thought you'd quite like Lost actually. Don't let the first few "survivor" style episodes put you off.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Lets stick to Storm Chasers Flighty? Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

Storm chasers in HD, monsterquest, mysteryquest, whale wars, helicopter wars, the first 48 are all my favourite american TV shows Tongue

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 10:09am
When the Dominators window blew in Flighty! Shocked

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 12:43pm

When the Dominators window blew in Flighty! Shocked

I told you it was good! oddly them last 2 episodes wasnt even ment to happen, only after shotting the series finished did the huge storm move in and they all came running back for more and  thats what they got Tongue

Wonder when the Imax video will be about? i went to the imax dome in toronto and it was pretty amazing Smile

Flightboy

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 2:03pm
I told you it was good!

I have watched it before. Big%20smile

It's all a bit deliberately over dramatized in places but still interesting.

Nice to watch in HD.

takes a few risks doesn't he that guy?

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:28pm

I told you it was good!

I have watched it before. Big%20smile

It's all a bit deliberately over dramatized in places but still interesting.

Nice to watch in HD.

takes a few risks doesn't he that guy?

Just a few . they are in it for the thrill of course but if they can get some data by being run over in their car by a tornado thats got to be better than most data collected! Hope there is a season 4 as the good tv shows seem to be vanishing Ouch

Storm_boy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 4:06pm
Tell you what Flighty, I would jump in that car with them any day. Big%20smile
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 4:25pm

My wife bought seasons 1 -5 a few weeks back as they were reduced at HMV, she said i would enjoy it as it had a plane in it . watched the first season thought it was ok, but when my wife was watching season 4 ( or 5 ) the other day i thought it was really bad, very far fetched aswell, i thought season 1 was good as it was more to do with what would you do in real life, but in season 5 you saw the island just disapear, somehow moved by the character call 'Ben', how the hell do you move a island?!??!?!?!

Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 5:04pm
It's Sci-fi, loads of rubbish covered up with bad physics. Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic