This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ntdll.dll FSX CTD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ntdll.dll FSX CTD
    Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:11pm
Hi,

I downloaded the new McPhat freeware AA livery for the 757 Captain today, and took it for a flight.  About 20 minutes in, shortly after levelling off in the cruise, FSX just stops running - no hanging or freezing, it just stops dead, with a blank screen and an "FSX has stopped running" window!  I went into the Event Viewer and found the crash listed there:

Failed Application: FSX.exe
Failed Module: ntdll.dll

I'm running Win 7 64.  I know there have been known CTD issues with Win 7, usually when accessing menus, but I hadn't even done that.  This occured completely randomly, 20 minutes into a flight.  This randomness makes it almost completely unusable until resolved!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Tom
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:17pm
Hi Tom, I have Vista 64 on a very good i7 from W2F so it flies FSX better than I ever have had in the past ( XP Pentium V, Vista 32 Dual core, Vista 32 Quad core,) I use all NickN's tweeks.  FSX gold, sp1 sp2.

Now,  I have had 9 "errors" in 6 months. (Fly every day, mostly in Airhauler, using Aerosoft's PBY, Captain Sim JF Hercules, JF Caranedo and the Captain Sim JF 757. )

I can only speculate that my "errors" were created by memory issues within FSX. Out of the 9 errors 5 were ntdll.dll................. All were freezes which had to be reset with the PC reset button. The PC froze with the current flight frozen.

I have 6 GB ddr3 a 285 GPU with 1 GB, yet I still believe this ntddll.dll is a memory error. I know this isnt much help to you but at least I can say you are not alone in the ntddll problem.

The ntd error has happened with all the above aircraft?

Does anyone out there know what ntddll is?Confused

Best wishes.

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 10:33am
I've just installed windows 7 on my new pc but not flown on it properly yet, but I was plagued by ntdll errors on my other pc running vista 64 for a long time, even up until a couple of weeks ago.  I then downloaded uniblue system booster and although other people have voiced their dislike of a registry cleaner, it sorted out my problem straightaway.  I've now got it installed on my new rig.

Rory
khushi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khushi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:39am
When you are facing the problem of any dll files then you just do one step that is  downloading ntdll.dll files and then install carefully after that follow the steps that are given in this. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic