This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My edited aircraft nowhere to be seen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slipstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My edited aircraft nowhere to be seen
    Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 9:51pm

I have edited lots of flights now in order to start at my selected airport, selected time, and selected aircraft. When I start a flight at the selected airport at the correct GMT -10 mins to see the aircraft depart, there is nothing to be seen. I only compile the single edited flight so that I can see my chosen flight easily, but nothing ever appears.

Also, how do you know which gate your edited ai aircraft will start from? There is no option to choose a gate, and I do not have any options under the tools menu which gives you the facility to find your aircraft.

I cannot understand why this should be. Please, please can someone help.

nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 11:27pm
Hi Slipstream,

Cant answer specifically about Traffic (as I said in your last thread not a Traffic user) but just a couple of things:

1. Make sure your traffic levels in FS are set correctly (push it up to 100% on the traffic slider) under options. Is it FS9 (2004) you are using?

2. If your aircraft are not displaying it could be because you dont have any parking spaces available at an airport or a missing an AFCAD file which contains the airport. If you are looking for AI traffic you will prob have to hunt around the airport (prob best to just put the sim in slew mode and do a quick scout around).
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
slipstream View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slipstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 9:17pm
Hi Nick and thanks for your support. Basically I edit one flight and then compile that flight and choose only to see that particular AI flight within fsx. I go to the airport, for instance Heathrow and it is empty, nothing.
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 3:02pm
As I said in my last post, can you see if the following are set and let me know;

1 Set FS traffic slider to 100%
2 Have you got an AFCAD with parking spcaes available for the aircraft

Maybe you could try adding some more traffic just to test and to see if you get anything.
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 11:15pm
If its set for example to 7am start, get there a little early.  But.....select the correct time as local time not the other one, since local time is the only one that is used in the flightplans.  So I pick 7am local time in the UK but the time in the field above will actually say 8am.  This is correct, if I use the top one set to 7am I`m actually there an hour before the plane is due out, so it may not be there at all.....

This might not be the answer to your problem in this case but its one of the pitfalls to look out for.  Local time.....Local time......Local time....L..... I do my flightplans manually (on the desktop using TT), if you`re using the interface it may be a slightly different setup but I still suspect the interface creates the flightplans using local time.

Reider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic