This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7 days til valentines...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7 days til valentines...
    Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:09am
SO better you get wallets ready lads Tongue

The average spend is ment to be £71.25 each which seems about right once you have had your meal out in a packed restuarnt, payed a crazy price for flowers and chocolates and the £5 for a hallmark card Angry

I looked up flights to NYC and there isnt any under £600 each Cry but i might jump on a easyjet and go up to edinburgh for the weekend and have the meal up there Tongue

Whats the rest of you romeos got planned? and sorry to all the single nerds on here ( i know there is a few ) least you can watch your Battle star or star trek in peace!

Romeoboy
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:20am
Valentines day? Bah humbug! It's pancake day on the 16th!
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

and sorry to all the single nerds on here ( i know there is a few ) least you can watch your Battle star or star trek in peace!Romeoboy

Generalising much?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:45am
Fortunately I'm away at a JustTrains show that weekend so I escape all that nonsense.
If you have to wait until Valentines Day to do something nice for your partner then she's an unlucky lady Wink
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:00am
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

If you have to wait until Valentines Day to do something nice for your partner then she's an unlucky lady Wink

Good point RAS. If you do love someone truely you shouldn't be forced into doing anything special because some coperation wants to make so quick money.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:03am
It's my absolute least favourite off all the made up celebrations.

If I was a restaurant owner or I had my own fragrance out then I would probably think differently...
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:06am

It's my absolute least favourite off all the made up celebrations.

If I was a restaurant owner or I had my own fragrance out then I would probably think differently...

Yep. Valentines day is another excuse to shove crap down our throats.And buy presents that will never see the light of day again.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 12:41pm

Quote and sorry to all the single nerds on here ( i know there is [are] a few ) least you can watch your Battle star or star trek in peace!

We nerds, without women, will be studying the excellent writing in such shows, so we don't write ''is'', instead of ''are''.

icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:13pm
I plan for us to split up on the Friday and get back together on the Monday, problem solved! Thumbs%20Up
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Quote and sorry to all the single nerds on here ( i know there is [are] a few ) least you can watch your Battle star or star trek in peace!

We nerds, without women, will be studying the excellent writing in such shows, so we don't write ''is'', instead of ''are''.

You should join eharmony martin! even tho you sound like a old man there maybe your not that old! . i guess its harsh to be single on a day off love! Smile

Flightboy
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

and sorry to all the single nerds on here ( i know there is a few ) least you can watch your Battle star or star trek in peace!

Edit - (I went ott with my last comment .)

I think a person who says that, is merely covering up there own misfortunes in their love lifeTongue

Generic forum signature
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:07am
My girl gets things bought for her nearly every single day so the 14th will be no big deal altho.... I do have a pair of £100 Pandora earrings with a Pandora charm to go on her bracelet. Then I will be taking her out for a nice meal, we will then be going back to mine where I will leave the rest up to your minds ... On another note (romantic if be) I after some umming and rrring with what ring to get, I got down in 1 knee and asked her to be my wife... She said yes so we are both over the moon at the moment.
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:04am
Originally posted by AirbusLad AirbusLad wrote:

My girl gets things bought for her nearly every single day so the 14th will be no big deal altho.... I do have a pair of £100 Pandora earrings with a Pandora charm to go on her bracelet. Then I will be taking her out for a nice meal, we will then be going back to mine where I will leave the rest up to your minds ... On another note (romantic if be) I after some umming and rrring with what ring to get, I got down in 1 knee and asked her to be my wife... She said yes so we are both over the moon at the moment.

At 19! your a brave man . but congrats on the great news! glad to see someone else can get in the romantic mood Smile

Flightboy
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:44am
Originally posted by dmr100 dmr100 wrote:

Valentines day? Bah humbug! It's pancake day on the 16th!

Haha I like the way you think .
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:16am
Flightboy should consider, that when dealing with this particular subject matter, there may well be ongoing issues in a persons life that render his comments somewhat inappropriate.

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:44pm

Flightboy should consider, that when dealing with this particular subject matter, there may well be ongoing issues in a persons life that render his comments somewhat inappropriate.

And im sure them people will be able to do what i have done in the past and not taken a  comment said in jest to heart and got on with their lifes

Jeepers dont say anything cos you might offend .

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:05pm

Now that depends what ''them'' people have and are going through in regard to their relationships doesn't it.

FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:24pm

Now that depends what ''them'' people have and are going through in regard to their relationships doesn't it.

Thank you martin
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:20pm

Amen  to that.

I personaly don't like valentines day. It's just something cooked up by gift companies to make more money.

Love is something that should be celebrated every day.

Oh and congrats to AirbusLad!
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
colwah View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:49pm
First of all Congrats Airbus lad, I've been married for just over 3 years now and love it!!  Congrats again Here's to many years off happiness for you and your Lady!!!

And for me and the Mrs a nice chinese take away and a bottle of something fizzy once our little boy has gone to sleep.
We are going down to Cambridge the first week in March which will be part of her present.  As long as i get a copy of Airliner World and a crunchie i will be happy!!!
All The Best
Long Live The 757!!
Colwah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic