This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

100hr flight check

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 100hr flight check
    Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 5:53am
Slopey, the chances of getting a type of notification or alert that an aircraft is about to come up on the 100hr? The highest paying job on the list and I failed it because of 100hr flight check that I failed to see. GR :(
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:02am
You need to check these things before assigning a flight.
Greg
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:09am
Not to rub salt in the wounds, Brett, but always, Always, ALWAYS check the Fleet screen for aircraft condition and time to the 100 hour check before assigning AI jobs.
John Allard
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:38am
Ok, ok. Let me just lay down and let the kicking begin. haha jk. I'll be sure pay attention now. 
VolvoMike View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VolvoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 6:22pm
Just out of interest, for a newbie, what happens when you don't do your 100 hr check?
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 6:39pm
You (or the AI you assign the plane to) will be unable to begin any flight after the 100 hours clicks over.  If it happens in the air, you will be able to finish the flight leg, but will be prevented from beginning a new one.

In the case of AIs, if you're not paying careful attention, it can cause a job or jobs to be late. 

Check it before assigning AI flights.  You can perform it early if you care to.
John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 8:06pm
Just to add to John's explanation, if a 100Hr check is due while an AI pilot is flying a sequence of flights, they will stop and do the 100Hr check at the appropriate point in the sequence.

If you do a 100Hr check, it's instant. If they do it, it can take anywhere up to a few hours, and can make them late.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Just to add to John's explanation, if a 100Hr check is due while an AI pilot is flying a sequence of flights, they will stop and do the 100Hr check at the appropriate point in the sequence.

If you do a 100Hr check, it's instant. If they do it, it can take anywhere up to a few hours, and can make them late.

AH. I did notice the time issue. It's the first thing I check now ha.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic