This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Obama Cancels "Return to the Moon"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

The "hard facts" you meantion are all from NASA, a single source! that dosnt make it factual infomation.
Yes it does. The facts are from NASA, the US government, foreign governments that tracked the programme, scientists, geologists, the entire community that had anything to do with the moon programme... That's quite a big single source!!!

Where do your hoax "hard facts" come from...? Some guy sitting in his bedroom creating yet another CT website on the basis of what he thinks shadows should look like on the moon... Yep, great source that...

You can't win here flighty.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:24am
As magic sad, NASA isn't the only source thats validated the landings. If you had read my links, and quotes you would have seen that.

When I give you an entire page of amateur and pro astronomers sightings, from US and abroad, all you can say is ''why do people use wiki''. Despite the fact that all the reports are verifiable, and the majority not from NASA. 

But just like Vulcan, you ignore anything posted that doesn't fit in with your crazy views.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:49am

When India or china go to the moon it will then be proved factual,

No it won't... because you and Vulcan, and the other fantasist's, will claim the Russians and Indians are working with the US. Or some other implausible, invented scenario to explain ''how'' it could be done, rather than proving it was.

And heres a question for martin as i know he has more to say than magics circles what will be NASAs target now? if man isn't going back to the moon i assume they are not going anywhere near mars so what will be their goal? or will it be the next decade of nothing you think?

That interpretation may well be wrong. The issue with a return to the moon, or a man on Mars, is cost. And in today's economic climate, the financiers aren't too happy about that. The US has a huge debt to pay, after bailing out the banks, precisely why the constellation mission was scraped.

However... Not going anywhere near Mars may not be correct.

Such missions to the surface of Mars, and the Moon, are expensive as a result of gravity. To haul sufficient equipment off the surface of the earth is expensive, gravity objects, necessitating enormous thrust. Same applies to anything launched from the surface of Mars, or to a lesser degree the surface of the moon. There are suggestions though, to land men on Phobos, the largest moon of Mars. Not only is it a fascinating body in scientific terms, but it also has minimal gravity. It’s believed to be less than solid, with enormous voids within. Phobos would serve as an excellent observation platform to study Mars, and a staging post for future trips to the Martian surface. it would also enable us, with far less cost, to develop the technology required for a manned trip to the surface of mars.

P.S. Don't blame you attempting to divert the course of the thread. Wink
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Magic Man Magic Man wrote:

Originally posted by Heinz57 Heinz57 wrote:

No there isn't. If you know of some evidence that points towards a hoax then please post it. All the 'evidence' posted so far and that can be read elsewhere is rubbish.Wink

I came accross this a while ago
Yep, but as said, "All the 'evidence' posted so far and that can be read elsewhere is rubbish."
There are plenty of sites like that and they contain nothing that hasn't been debunked elsewhere. Amusing, but not really worth spending your time on seriously.
I only had to see the famous "C" rock to see that site follows the usual norm...

Yeah, like I said. I don't know what to belive.

I for one would like to see us back up there. I reckon a return to the moon will confirm things once and for all.

However, given the current situation. I think it's a good idea canceling the moon programe. Theres more important  things to spend the budget on
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:54pm

*snip*

*sniperdy*
*snip*

I for one would like to see us back up there. I reckon a return to the moon will confirm things once and for all.

However, given the current situation. I think it's a good idea canceling the moon programe. Theres more important  things to spend the budget on

Isn't this good enough?

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:14am
No it won't... because you and Vulcan, and the other fantasist's, will claim the Russians and Indians are working with the US. Or some other implausible, invented scenario to explain ''how'' it could be done, rather than proving it was.

Glad you know me so well martin! But data being confirmed by other data from another source what its all about. NASA has been wrong about things in the past
Thumbs%20Up

P.S. Don't blame you attempting to divert the course of the thread. Wink

As i said with people that cant accept other peoples views or opinions your going around in circles, climate change etc is tricky around these parts!

flightboy
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:29am

Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

The "hard facts" you meantion are all from NASA, a single source! that dosnt make it factual infomation.
Where do your hoax "hard facts" come from...? Some guy sitting in his bedroom creating yet another CT website on the basis of what he thinks shadows should look like on the moon... Yep, great source that...

No one else claims to have  been to the moon FACT so NASAs data is all we have. Their word is what we have to accept as there is no other option untill someones else goes to the moon ( which they wont in along time yet of atall ) If you beleive what is said great! thats you right and its mine to think they didnt go see the fake moon rock NASA has no explanation for ( tho a unmaned mission could collect samples easy enouth )

You can't win here flighty.

If you feel you need to claim a "win" here please do . my life is good and i dont feel the need to carry on a debate which just goes around in circles with a random stranger on a flightsim forum

Flightboy

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:24am
Glad you know me so well martin! But data being confirmed by other data from another source what its all about. NASA has been wrong about things in the past Thumbs%20Up

We've already given you independance evidence. You ignore it.

As i said with people that cant accept other peoples views or opinions

Nope, the vast majority of us don't, because the opinions in regard to Apollo, defy scientific principles and are quite frankly bonkers. To accept them would make us as cerebrally challenged as the proponents.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:33am

No one else claims to have  been to the moon FACT so NASAs data is all we have.

No it's not...

I have given you an entire page of independant amatuer and proffesional astronmers evidence from around the world.

We have given you evidence from several radar tracking staions that tracked the missions to and from the moon.

We have given you evidence from the Belgium/Ducth/Britsh satalite that analysed UV data.

We have given you the Selene data.

None of that is from NASA and all is verifiable.

You have given us nothing to prove your claim, no evidence whatsoever. All claims like shadows from photographs, foot prints, radiation, ability to operate the Hasselblad camera, etc, etc, are countered so easily it's ridiculous, and explained with scientific fact.

tho a unmaned mission could collect samples easy enouth

A prime example, 850lbs of moon rock, is not ''easy enough''.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic