This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

STUPID SEXY FLANDERS !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STUPID SEXY FLANDERS !
    Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:39pm
Generic forum signature
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:50pm
Strangely enough, I just watched this exact episode on DVD 10 minutes ago!

BTW, you may wish to link to the original as the author of that video has stolen it.

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Aircraft Aviation Aircraft Aviation wrote:

Strangely enough, I just watched this exact episode on DVD 10 minutes ago!

BTW, you may wish to link to the original as the author of that video has stolen it.

No point is there really Tongue they're the same video
Generic forum signature
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 3:06pm
Credit where credit is due. And YouTube has some kind of reward mechanism for popular clips doesn't it? So why reward someone who's just reposted it?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 3:12pm
I havnt rewarded him, I dont think anybody who watched this here would have taken notice of who posted it unless somebody brought it up.  Also can we really be certain who was the original "postee"
Come on, nearly every clip on youtube is copied and reposted only they probably add the word "original RARE UNSEEN !!!!"

EDIT Im also aware one of the comments said oringally posted from DanielRadcliffe or something like that, but for all we know HE could have copied it.

Double edit - I think i have misread the beginning of slopeys post . but you get the gist of what im saying
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 3:53pm
The Simpsons isn't what it used to be. Its been going down hill for a while now

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 4:26pm
I'd have to disagree, The Simpsons has changed over the years but very slightly, and although not all new episodes are as great as these classics, there are still lots of brilliant new episodes being released.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:14pm
That isnt a new episode, thats years old.

The new ones arent as good, nearly everybody is in agreement with that
Generic forum signature
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

Yup as Chris said that's a S9 Episode.

SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:47pm
I don't know I think I'd still have to disagree but its just my opinion. I think people have high hopes for each episode and therefore more easily feel let down, but overall the comedy is still great.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:49pm
Its not crap by any means, i enjoy them, but because they have exhausted most of their ideas, it isnt what it used to be.
Generic forum signature
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:25pm

Very true. It's been like it ever since Family Guy came onto the scene. They're trying to be too much like Family Guy. They need to face it, it isn't going to happen. So they should stick with what they're good at.

Another problem is story lines, they're running out of ideas and they're getting worse by the episode. Probably because nothing ever follows on. Maybe if they thought of some decent story lines and perhaps made stuff to follow on. Then they could claw there way back.

Just my 2p
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:30pm
I'm curious as to how The Simpsons is in anyway like Family Guy. It has developed stories for each episode that have jokes linked to the plot/situation at the time. Family Guy decided to do the exact same thing as The Simpsons except forget the clever writing part and simply put drawn out sketches together in an attempt to be the most outrages comedy show on TV (which it is not). There have been MANY episodes of Family Guy which haven't been funny at all, and it is still not comparable to The Simpsons.

(All of the above is simply my opinion :D )

Futurama however could be considered as currently making better episodes in my opinion.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:12pm
The Simpsons was born before Family Guy.

Family Guy is vulgar, its humor is only achieved through entertaining more mature audiences.

The Simpsons is humorous for all ages, that's why it has such a wide fan base.

They are two VERY different Cartoons. Different Characters, Settings... You name it.

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:32pm
I do agree with what has been said so far. Family Guy, American Dad and Futurama were all born of the back of The Simpsons. It is still a great show although the story lines have been going down hill slightly although with the latist series it has ever so slightley picked up. And I do know that the episode was an older one.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:49pm
I've never liked the Simpsons!  I always turn over to the news when it's on at 6pm!  Nothing against it in particular I just don't like cartoons in general.  Not a lover of American comedy either!
Kind regards,
Tom
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 10:26pm

I do agree with what has been said so far. Family Guy, American Dad and Futurama were all born of the back of The Simpsons. It is still a great show although the story lines have been going down hill slightly although with the latist series it has ever so slightley picked up. And I do know that the episode was an older one.

Futurama Similar to the Simpsons . . . .made by Matt Groening

American Dad similar to Family Guy . . . . made by Seth McFarlene

The humour in the Simpsons is similar to Futurama
&
The humour in Family Guy is similar to American Dad

But is Matt Gs. arsenal of comedy similar to Seths ? I dont think so even though its sometimes obvious where Family Guy & American dad got their inspiration form. Seth's humour is crude and most times not technically clever whilst the Simpsons and Futurama (though not as much) humour is, for that reason I dont think they are comparable.  Seths out to shock us and knows that his audience wont be as wide, nothing wrong with that.

I love all of the above but the Simpsons will ALWAYS be my favourite (despite the newer episodes) because although crude can be funny, i'd rather intelligent humour.
Generic forum signature
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic