This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Simulator isn't working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper-zout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Simulator isn't working
    Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 8:42pm
Hi guys, my flight simulator is not working again Ouch. See what happend was that i started a flight about a week ago and when i started to talk to Air Traffic Control i could not see anything such as the sentences they say, or hear them at all. So i decided to re-install Flight Simulator and i did, after the whole re-installation i clicked the icon, it loads and then right before it loads to the main screen flight simulator just quits. Can anyone please help m resolve this issue? It would be much appriaticated.Tongue

By the way, i run Flight Simulator 2004.

Thanks.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:10pm

Have you done some basic PC maintenance? Get rid of useless files, defrag, install latest drivers, get rid of spyware, run anti virus scan, make sure the OS is up to date with latest security fixes... etc.

paper-zout View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper-zout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:27pm
I did most of that about two weeks ago.
I even re-installed it just earlier.
How could thhose things fix that though?
Like viruses do that kind of damage?
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:47pm
What kind of system do you have? How much RAM? Video Card? Everything up-to-date..patched,etc? Using onboard sound or a separate sound card? Is it only flight simulator that quits when you try to open it or do you have similar problems with other programs? Many variables, many things could be causing this issue. It basically comes down to process of elimination.
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic