This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Captainsim 757 - BugĀ“s?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:32pm
Yes, a screen shot would help greatly.  If your not sure how to take a screen shot, you press the 'V' key in FSX or 'Print Screen on FS9'  Then simply save this and upload to photo bucket then copy the IMG code and paste here. 
Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 5:32pm
hmmm, canĀ“t past the screenshots, donĀ“t know why... maybe browser (firefox) problem. Can i send the screenshots to an e-mail-adress???

Norbert
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 5:36pm
You can't copy and paste screen shots, that will not work.  Follow my instructions above.
Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 5:48pm
may I send it with e-mail??? IĀ“m a little bit confused now that I canĀ“t past pictures here. Otherwise I have to fly the test-flight again...  :-( Sorry

Norbert
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:02pm
See my PM.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:27pm
Pronto sent me these shots of the issuie:

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:50pm

I think it's going direct to 0M07L is because he's intercepting the localizer.  That is supposed to happen isn't it?

Greg
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:54pm
Yeah looks ok to me.
Kind regards,
Tom
Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:55pm
Hello,

I donĀ“t think so, because the Localizer is not armed / not activated.

N.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:59pm
What does CaptSim say about this?
Greg
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:59pm
Look at all those EICAS warnings!Wink
Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:04pm
I did not ask there, maybe tomorrow... I think itĀ“s a bug, but IĀ“m not sure!?!? People of the german fsx-forums couldnĀ“t help me until today. :-(((

N.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:19pm
On a Boeing, the localiser doesn't arm itself.  That's down to you to do that manually.  LNAV will fly the initial parts of the approach (provided you've entered a STAR in the FMC, which you have).  On the intercept leg (the leg just before you turn toward the runway) you must manually arm the localiser so it'll capture when you reach it.  Do this by first ensuring that the correct ILS frequency is entered in the ILS reciever on the pedestal (you can get the right one from the FS Map), then pressing 'LOC' on the glareshield.

As Tom (H) said, you also need to attend to those warnings on the EICAS display.  It's listing things that you haven't switched on, like fuel pumps, yaw dampers etc.  In flight, that window should be completely blank of warnings.  It's a bug actually that the CS 757 still allows you to fly even with things like fuel pumps switched off!
Kind regards,
Tom
daveygurm10 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:30pm
If it is missing LOMPO out and flying straight on then there is a problem.

Under LNAV that behaviour should not happen. Looks like a bug.

Try slowing down to atleast 250knts to maintain stability and accuracy on the approach. Your flying way too fast. I doubt this has any effect on the CS 757 carrying out the correct turns but sure may help.

Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:35pm
Well thats right, but between RUDUS and LOMPO - on the leg - I donĀ“t arm / aktivate the localizer-button! The aircraft turns to the OM07L, witheout doing somthing by myself! The ILS-frequency is correct... if I fly with the heading to LOMPO the localizer will be captured and everything is ok. I know, that the navigation-data of my FSX and the CS 757 is different. So I have to set the ILS-frequency by myself. Maybe the CS 757 is working also with a different frequency concerning the vor / dme near the airport??!?!??!?!? So that the LOMPO (IAF) will not be located correctly!

Norbert

ps.:  excuse my bad english guys

N.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:37pm
Does this happen at other airports?? If it is there is a problem. You may need a reinstall of CS 757 to resolve.
Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:38pm
Well, the speed on the leg RUDUS > LOMPO is approx. 240 kts.

N.
Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:39pm
Yes, it happens also at other airports, for example LFPG, same problem.

N.
Pronto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:00am
Hello again!

Now I have set the waypoints - LOMPO, RW07L - by my self, without to use the STAR - Transition-Mode. An everything works fine. Sometimes, wehen I have set the STAR / Transition for 07L (EDDF) I cut off some fixes in the loaded STAR- / Transitionlist. Is this the mistake?????

Regards

Norbert
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:15am
At least you have found a way around it.

Deleting some fixes or adding some in manually is not necessarily wrong but it depends what you are deleting obvioulsy. Some waypoints/fixes are there for a reason so deleting them is not wise.

You can manually add an STAR/Transition you wish so that seems like the only way around it for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic