This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today I will be mostly... (Show and tell)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 8:59pm
Our school does quite a few trips abroad.  Went to France in year 8.  There were also trips in years 9, 10 and 11 to Belgium, Krakow and Italy as well as the annual ski trip to Austria.  This year the Science department are taking a handful of year 11, 12 and 13 students to Orlando, Florida too.  Only ones i've done though are France and this latest one to Barcelona which the Business Studies department have done every year and has always been a hugely popular trip.  Visited a Brewery, Winery and Ice Cream Factory! Plus besides the Florida one (obviously!) it's about the only one where they fly there - most others are coach trips that are 10 hours plus!
Kind regards,
Tom
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:14pm
Ours don'tCry. Mainly in the UK. Mind you, our school has just spent £5million on a new block (which the libarian nearly burnt down.)

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:17pm
My school organizes a lot of school trips abroad too, some include South Africa (for MS) France, Spain, China, Germany (for ML) and Italy, Strasbourg for Geography.  A lot of them you have to be in 5th year for, however I was close to going to China. 
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:11am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

I'd rendered devoid of paper...

''If you are having a poo, you may be looking at me in horror.''

Thats funny! made me laugh! .
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:20am
Today, (in the spirit of Vancouver 2010) I will be flying a TFV flight from Cardiff to Vancouver. I left around 0800 and have around 6:40 to go! Curruntly just of the Icelandic coast.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:33am
I'm flying to Goa today from Manchester.  About 30 mins into the flight. 
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 11:38am
i'm going from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta, Just 30 more minutes left. 
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:10pm
Have been installing a PSU, hard drive and graphics card into my old simming machine. It's now downstairs, replacing my old Internet PC. The old downstairs PC will now go to my wifes place, when she can afford a PSU.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:47pm
Flew from EGCC-VAGO on TFV, just landed after 10hrs in the air.  PC crashed yeaterday in flight so hence the flight today.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:49pm
Today, I was refereeing a under 14's game then I had a flying lesson at 1430

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

didn't like the look of the wx over the hills inland

Wimpy girlie man!

Better to be down here wishing you were up there, than being up there and wishing you were down here!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 10:46am
Today, I am sorting out various FSX bugsDisapprove

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 3:34pm
Today im back to work in the JF Office after 6 months of training, 6 months in the desert and 5 long weeks of poddle...strange but similiar Smile

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 3:53pm
Great to have you back Sam. And happy to see you back safe and sound.

Bet you have a few stories to tell?
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 3:59pm
Cheers Martin, good to be back and great to be enjoying this fine English winter.

As regards to the stories...

only in Pub Corners...

And only with Shifty Eyes... Wink

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:12pm
Just remember Sam, just as it was hard for John Rambo to adapt to civilian life, you to could find yourself suddenly grabbing MartYn, Richard, Scotty, or any handy JF colleague, and hurling them through a nearby window, convinced for a split second that they were an armed to the teeth enemy. Big%20smile

P.S. A video of the event, posted on YouTube, would be appreciated.
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:35pm

If it ever goes that wrong Martin, John Rambo is definately my way out...

As regards to the videos, I do have plenty of explosions, some strike-ops and some flybys which may interest most on the forum..I'll be bringing my laptop into work at some stage to tell some war stories and see If I can get some uploads on the go Smile

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:39pm
I'm looking forward to dropping something heavy enough to make a loud "BANG" and then watching Sam go pale and grab his joystick with white-knuckles.

"You weren't there man, you don't know the things I've seen"

Thumbs%20Up
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:44pm

The bubble-wraps already made an appearance Rich, didnt even blink!...

Just ducked for cover.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:46pm
Quote As regards to the videos, I do have plenty of explosions, some strike-ops and some flybys which may interest most on the forum..I'll be bringing my laptop into work at some stage to tell some war stories and see If I can get some uploads on the go Smile

Excellent! look forward to that. Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic