This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today I will be mostly... (Show and tell)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:14pm
We have a prom but it's at the end of year 13 not 11.  I'm not going!

We had an assembly once last year about breast and testicular cancer and the importance of 'checking urself', done by our rather eccentric head of Biology - a woman about 70 who wears granny hats and has a tartan shopping trolley that she displays (almost proudly) at the front of her classroom.  That was embarressing to say the least, mind you we were very much distracted by the girl a few rows behind who passed out in her friend's lap and then preceded to be sick over her (obviously after a heavy night!).  She was then carried out over the shoulder of a lad in her form, watched by around 300 people!  Meanwhile, the old woman on stage wasn't even distracted from her excitable lecture on testicles by the commotion going on down the back!
Kind regards,
Tom
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:42am
We have Proms at uni, but they're called Balls, the same thing. We have three a year, Freshers Ball, SnowBall, and May Ball - the biggest event on the SU calender. I however (Because I'm boring) havn't been to one yet. It's only my second year, there's still chance. But on the other hand I don't fancy spending what's supposed to be the best night of the year looking after friends who have had 5 too many.

Anyway. Today I have been mostly learning how to fly the PMDG747

And tomorow I will be mostly learning how to fly the PMDG747. I've almost got it sussed I reckon. Just got to get the autopilot set correctly, and have a look at creating better/proper flight plans. I've found another great tutorial on YouTube tonight. I'll use that tomorow
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
wisemanp View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:29pm
Today I took part in a general knowledge competition! Our team won, so we are one game away from the national finals! Not bad for a comprehensive school!
Regards, Phil

You'll Never Walk Alone
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

Try and a get a refund through paypal as a item i bought off ebay 7 months ago has never arrived. ( btw anyone know how to do this??)

Its over the time limit for a paypal claim but you can contact the seller and see what they say but 7 months.....

Flightboy

Well after about 6 weeks i contacted ebay and they said that as it is coming from the US it could take upto 3 months, maybe even 6! depending on how the seller sent it. So i contacted the seller and she never gave me a straight answer, so i patiently waited and now your right, i cant claim! Paypal say if it is over 45 days you cant claim, yet ebay say wait at least 3 months!! AAHHH!! So i tried to contact the seller but no reply Censored thats £12 down the drain!!
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 7:04pm
Today I have been enjoying a day off work and experimenting on my sim, after trying to sort out a problem with the heater on one of my cars.
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:07pm
Today I was at school until 17:00, then parents night starting 18:45- 21:00. 

Exhausted!

Probably go in late tomorrow!.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:11pm
I am not looking forwad to tommorow. I have a Collage interview. How come your at school so long Tom?

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:27pm
I've had half days pretty much all this week.  Lessons have been deserted because of the exams and students taking 'unofficial study leave' and teachers have been away which for me luckily has corresponded with period 5 each day so I can leave at lunch!  Tomorrow will be the same too, in fact I will leave at 12.15 tomorrow as I usually have a free period fourth too!  Unfortunately though back to the grind on monday with a Business exam, and then a Physics exam on Thursday.  Then i'm done!  A week after that it's off to Barcelona for four days with the Business department!
Kind regards,
Tom
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:27pm
How come your at school so long Tom?

I do quite a lot of after school revision classes, for example today I had one at lunch and one after school and then parents night, so I had really no time to myself. 

Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:51pm
Today I did hope to be mostly spending a bit of time enjoying a nice BA flight from Heathrow - LA in the PMDG. But that dang autopilot still wouldn't work so I couldn't Thumbs%20Down

Instead I did a bit of a model kit I'm working on.

I sure do hate this stupidly long holiday. Im still technicaly on my Christmas break. Should be all fun having a break like this. But after a couple of weeks I'm ready to go back. Roll on Monday!
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
daveygurm10 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:24pm
Today i have done nothing other than my normal umemployed day, got a few FS flights in.

VIDP-VTBS - Diverted due to a software issue
VIDP-VHHH - Livestreamed my dodgy arrival

However, looking on the brighter side of life i did receive  phone call for a job interview on Monday so im really happy and focused on getting that now!

Been out of work since May, although 5 months were spent travelling. Been searching for jobs since end of Nov!!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:18pm

Okay... toady, and yesterday, I have been mostly pulling out my hair. A pastime you will all be familiar with, being simmers. Most of us by now, are completely hairless from head to toe and could easily be mistaken for eunuchs. Confused

It all started when I decided to install FSX in my new, super dooper upgraded, overclocked mega PC. Of course, I had the audacity to think I't would be plain sailing.

Those of you familiar with the back art of setting up the frustrating software we refer to as ''the sim'', will be ready for the charade that's coming next. You guessed it, complete disaster. Cry

Installed FSX, installed all service packs, remembering to do all that pathetic rebooting at every opportunity, just in case FSX got upset, and threw it's dummy out of it's cot.

Fully expecting the latest nVidia control panel to be incapable of setting the AA, I installed nHancer, and ticked the myriad of settings, just as I have in the past.

With great excitement I Fired up the sim, and what did I see? As low as 10 frames per second. Several minutes later, and a few bog rolls to wipe away the prodigious quantity of tears from my cheeks, and I set about fixing the exasperating pile of junk that is FSX.

First off, I completely uninstalled nHancer, thinking that it was screwed, happened to me before, so logical to assume the same thing had happened again. Fired up the sim, and still 10 frames per second. Suicide was now a definite consideration. Ticked the box in the sim for AA, and mysteriously, frame rate was up. Still not as high as it should have been though.

Today, uninstalled the latest nVidia driver, and installed the one before the latest that had worked great with nHancer before. Sure enough, the control panel was back to it's old self, and not setting AA... But the frame rate was now where it should be.

Feeling quite daring toady, I installed nHancer again...

Frame rates now good, great AA, even flying over water with max water settings good, with no stutter.

Phew!

Sometimes I wonder why we bother with this stuff.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:24pm
P.S. For my next trick, I fully intend to install all my add-ons and screw the sim up again. Confused
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:33pm
I know only too well how stressful FSX can be sometimes!!  Most of the time it's brilliant, but occasionally it will do things that make you want to throw it from the roof!

I'm having trouble with my Jetstream 41 at the moment.  Occasionally (an intermittant problem - which are often worse than persistant ones because they're nearly impossible to put a finger on exactly what causes them!) I get flashing transparant blue shapes all over the screen when using the Virtual Cockpit.  This makes it almost unflyable because when it starts to happen the only way of stopping it is to reset the flight, and you never know when it's going to happen!

I didn't have this problem for the first couple of weeks of using it.  Racking my brain trying to think what i'd changed, I remembered i'd installed nHancer.  So I uninstalled it, but the problem persisted.  The only other thing I can think was that I changed the 'Texture_Max_Load=' line in the FSX.cfg from the default 1024 up to 4096 to make use of the REX HD clouds.  I've put it back to the original value now, but don't yet know if this has fixed it.  Would it do you think?
Kind regards,
Tom
daveygurm10 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Okay... toady, and yesterday, I have been mostly pulling out my hair. A pastime you will all be familiar with, being simmers. Most of us by now, are completely hairless from head to toe and could easily be mistaken for eunuchs. Confused

It all started when I decided to install FSX in my new, super dooper upgraded, overclocked mega PC. Of course, I had the audacity to think I't would be plain sailing.

Those of you familiar with the back art of setting up the frustrating software we refer to as ''the sim'', will be ready for the charade that's coming next. You guessed it, complete disaster. Cry

Installed FSX, installed all service packs, remembering to do all that pathetic rebooting at every opportunity, just in case FSX got upset, and threw it's dummy out of it's cot.

Fully expecting the latest nVidia control panel to be incapable of setting the AA, I installed nHancer, and ticked the myriad of settings, just as I have in the past.

With great excitement I Fired up the sim, and what did I see? As low as 10 frames per second. Several minutes later, and a few bog rolls to wipe away the prodigious quantity of tears from my cheeks, and I set about fixing the exasperating pile of junk that is FSX.

First off, I completely uninstalled nHancer, thinking that it was screwed, happened to me before, so logical to assume the same thing had happened again. Fired up the sim, and still 10 frames per second. Suicide was now a definite consideration. Ticked the box in the sim for AA, and mysteriously, frame rate was up. Still not as high as it should have been though.

Today, uninstalled the latest nVidia driver, and installed the one before the latest that had worked great with nHancer before. Sure enough, the control panel was back to it's old self, and not setting AA... But the frame rate was now where it should be.

Feeling quite daring toady, I installed nHancer again...

Frame rates now good, great AA, even flying over water with max water settings good, with no stutter.

Phew!

Sometimes I wonder why we bother with this stuff.

. The beauty of Flight simulator!! Glkad you are making progress to what it should be like though!

TIWM be flying London Gatwick to Goa with Thomson Virtual on VATSIM and researching all about a company i have an interview with on Monday!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 4:39pm
 I remembered i'd installed nHancer.  So I uninstalled it, but the problem persisted. 

Try reinstalling the nVidia driver. That was what happened to me I think. nHnacer screwed up the driver, so even though I'd uninstaled nHnacer the nVidia driver was still fubar. Smile
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 8:44pm
Today I have been mostly starting a flight from Honolulu PHNL - Heathrow EGLL with the 747-400, probably not possible in real life. Maybe with the 400ER. The joys of virtual reality!

I've just got back from my amature dramatics group. Back to the flight for me!
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 8:32am
Today I will mostly be running the line in a under 15's semi final. Then is Stansted overloadBig%20smile

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 9:25am
Today I will be doing a back load of homework, then EGSS overload on VATSIM.
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 9:45am
Today I'll be reording with my band!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic