This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today I will be mostly... (Show and tell)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:15pm
Quote Got mildly told off by form tutor and warned that my parents will be recieving a strongly worded letter from my Head of Sixth for being in exams last week

Huh?????

Tell the school where to go! Were the exams Mocks, or the real thing? In any case, if you've got exams, you've got exams. Your mocks can count if you can't make the real thing later for some reason, and can save you from "not graded" hell.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:21pm
No, not mocks.  The real deal - two AS resits and three A2 modular exams over the course of this month, starting last week with three of them.

That's how jumped up my school is!  They say in Sixth Form you have the freedom to control your own education and make your own decisions - but obviously, you don't!
Kind regards,
Tom
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:33pm
Today I have been decideing whether to go into school tommorow for PSD **waste of a**day.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:30pm
What's PSD?
Kind regards,
Tom
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 7:28am
My guess if 'personal social development'.Sleepy
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 7:43am
Correct Tom.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
dale_tem View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale_tem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:26am

Technically its no longer PSD. Its now PHSEEC (or arrange in any other order you see fit).

The joy of the government
Dale
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:43am
Originally posted by dale_tem dale_tem wrote:

Technically its no longer PSD. Its now PHSEEC (or arrange in any other order you see fit).

The joy of the government

Its always changing, for us in High School it was simply PSE
Generic forum signature
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:29pm
Its called PSHE at our school, but our teacher thinks its useless, and he lets us research universities and things like that.
colwah View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:33pm
Today I am at work till 3pm after starting at 7am then going to Stone to have my haircut and visit the in-laws with my Beautiful wife and son before they jet off on holiday for two weeks tomorrow, and no i'm not jelous Cry
All The Best
Long Live The 757!!
Colwah

scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:52pm
today ive been mostly teaching children to say please....

and im not a pheasant plucker im a ........

.......... блять
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:17pm
in exams last week instead of in their pointless, empty lessons

I'm baffled by that, You had exams to do but a teacher told you off for not being in his lesson instead... was he totally thick???

My daughters doing the same at sixth form college at the momentt. Accounting, philosophy, economics, IT etc.

Whereas Martin was spending the entire morning trying to activate Windows 7, after it decided to be awkward due to componant changes. The Indian lady at the Microsoft call centre was helpful though. But i tell you what, it shouldn't be this difficult Microsoft. Stern%20Smile
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:07pm
So (under threat of not being allowed to the prom) I went in. Totally pointless. P2 spent decideing which GPU to buy (and the teacher didn't care) Lesson 3 was just brutal. (learning about testicular cancer and how things can go wrong down there). Which will scar me for the rest of my lifeDead. The only decent session was last PSC day when the RAF came in. Two periods with them was just about bareable.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

So (under threat of not being allowed to the prom) I went in. Totally pointless. P2 spent decideing which GPU to buy (and the teacher didn't care) Lesson 3 was just brutal. (learning about testicular cancer and how things can go wrong down there). Which will scar me for the rest of my lifeDead. The only decent session was last PSC day when the RAF came in. Two periods with them was just about bareable.

PSC?  Prom?  And how short is your day if you only have five periods?

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:03pm
PSD Embarrassed. Yes the year 11 prom is coming up and there using it as leverage to get there own way. And it was a normal day 9pm-3pm.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:13pm
Haha 9-3pm.  Assuming its a normal day, you're still lucky...a normal day for me runs from 8-4, or 7:30-6 if I have training.  And prom, I thought that was an American only thing?
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by CyprusAirwaysA330 CyprusAirwaysA330 wrote:

And how short is your day if you only have five periods?

I would think that very much depends on how many hours each period lasts Wink
Generic forum signature
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:16pm
And prom, I thought that was an American only thing?
Well obviously notWink. Most schools (state anyway) do them at the end of yr 11

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:21pm

There is always a Prom at my school too.  Normal day for me is 9:00-17:00.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:41pm
We don't have a prom...maybe because ours is boys only.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic