This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So How's the Weather?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by scampy scampy wrote:

er its -30 and windy theres been no snow for a few days, might go below 40 next week but as far as i see the pressure is rising so it will get warmer maybe -20 then it will snow. but the chill factor from the wind is quite a problem.

And before you say -15 in england feels the same as -20 here, no moisture in the air here to make your face feel cold.  Ill be out of the city tomorow near the Ob sea, so ill get some good pics.

Wow Scapmy that's cold! I don't even want to begin to think about the wind chill you're having. Are those temperatures typical for your area?
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:01pm
He lives in Russia so yeah those are the normal conditions I would have thought.

My school will be open as their is about 1 cm on the drive and about 1.5 on the main road around the estate,

@ Eddie stop murdering cameras!.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:08pm
@ Eddie stop murdering cameras!.
I'm getting it sorted, I promise.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:14pm
SNOW!! it is coming down hard nowBig%20smile  if it stays the same overnight then I won't have to go into tommorow!Big%20smile

being shouted at now to go to bedDead

BigTex View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:25pm
Today in Seoul, it's now -15, and we still have the record setting 28cm (11 inches) of snow from Monday's big dump on the ground.  This winter has already been much colder than normal and we've already gotten far more snow this season than I've ever seen in the 10 years I've been living here.

Rick
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:07pm
Yay it's started!  Been snowing big bits for about an hour.  Hopefully will carry on through the night and we'll be snowed in.  I sooooo hope the school is closed - usually it's open in snow but the last time it snowed the head teacher slipped over (on the school site) and broke her leg, so maybe this time she might think twice!

@CyrpusAirwaysA330 - yes, A Levels.  Thanks!  AS resits too - I am dreading it!
Kind regards,
Tom
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:16pm
Snowing hard now, school website states that they will take a decision tomorrow morning whether to start term on Thursday as planned - if they don't then GCSE Mocks are postponed Tongue 
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:23pm
Sure is.  My school's website says something along similar lines.  I'll check it in the morning.  Lucky about the mocks.  Public exams aren't quite so simple as the whole country has to sit them at the same time, so not quite sure what would happen if we were simply unable to get there, or the school didn't have enough staff etc.  Probably have to sit them in the summer along with the other exams, not quite sure if thats better or worse!
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:27pm
Started snowing heavily again. We had a breif stoppage around 2200 but its started again. We have had a good few inches here and were predicted snow tommorow so school may even be closed on Thursday depending on tempretures. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:38pm
Even if mine's just closed tomorrow, I will be happy!  It'll give me a chance to have a full day of revision.
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:43pm
True Tom, I have a science exam comeing up next week so I'll do a TFV flight and revise for that exam. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 7:04am
I have about 1-1.5 inches on the drive and about 2inches on the road, I think that I will have the day off becuse of the way the school has been built the whole thing will be a sheet of ice.  I'll post some picturers when it lightens up, I have more to come yet!

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 8:22am

Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

True Tom, I have a science exam comeing up next week so I'll do a TFV flight and revise for that exam. 

Surely not doing the flight and just revision would be more beneficial?

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 9:23am
School's closed!
Kind regards,
Tom
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 5:55pm
Hehe mine too. I wouldn't  be surprised if it were closed tomorrow or even Friday due to dangerous wind chills
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:30pm
I dout mine will be open tommorow due to Ice. Were forcast -7 tommorow morning.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:31pm
Is it only my school that doesn't close?  6 inches of snow on the ground near my school, -4 forecast tomorrow, and we still have to go in.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:36pm
My school was the only school in my area that was closed.  I expect due to a combination of it being situated down quite a tricky road that doesn't get gritted, and the head-teacher injuring herself the last time she decided to keep it open in snowy weather!  I'm not holding out much hope for it being closed tomorrow though.  Thankfully i've got quite a nice timetable on Thursdays!  We are predicted -5 degrees tonight though, so they might close it due to ice - we shall see!
Kind regards,
Tom
scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 10:20am
Sorry id been out in the forrest for a few days.

Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Originally posted by scampy scampy wrote:

er its -30 and windy theres been no snow for a few days, might go below 40 next week but as far as i see the pressure is rising so it will get warmer maybe -20 then it will snow. but the chill factor from the wind is quite a problem.

And before you say -15 in england feels the same as -20 here, no moisture in the air here to make your face feel cold.  Ill be out of the city tomorow near the Ob sea, so ill get some good pics.

Big%20smile Bet it makes you laugh Scampy, we Brits moaning about our temperatures with your super cold temps.

If honestly I dont really find it funny, for some people especially old people the temps you are having there in the UK can be quite scary. And believe it or not I still find -2 cold. I just read that it was near to -13 in manchester last night, thats my parents neck of the woods theres no food in the shops and people are pretty stuck.

Anyway some photos :)

my phone isnt very good and it was very bright

and finally me looking like raskolnikov

.......... блять
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:25pm
Had quite alot in my town, a couple of inches in places. And we never get that much where I am.

Schools/colleges closed. Buses delayed/cancelled. Mountains of traffic at morning rush.

Good job I don't start back at uni until 25th. Otherwise I just wouldn't beable to get in, what with busses delayed and cancelled etc.
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic