This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spending my Xmas money!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 11:49am
WOAI is a perfect freeware replacement for Traffic X, and is VERY light on FPS.

SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Aircraft Aviation Aircraft Aviation wrote:

WOAI is a perfect freeware replacement for Traffic X, and is VERY light on FPS.

Sounds great! I have wanted some proper AI for a long time. The problem is Word of AI seems confusing, do I just download those files and install them?
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 12:48pm
Do this:

- First of all, install the WOAI "Installer" on the top of this page:

- Then, once you've installed the installer, download the "Packages" you wish to install (install as many as you like, but if you fly in lets say America, just download the American Package such as American Airlines, SouthWest etc).

- Once you've downloaded you relavent packages, fire up the WOAI installer and when it asks you to browse for your packages to install, find and select the Zip files that you just downloaded from WOAI's website.

Hope this helps,

AAWink

SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 1:59pm
Thanks! Its worked great so far, but when I click the install button on the woai installer an error message pops up stating:

Unhandled exception has occured in your applications...etc
And then it goes on about access being denied to the fsx root folder. Any ideas? (Windows 7, FSX Acc)
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 10:41am
Just spoke to flightstore, they will send Horizons Gen X VFR scenery Volumes 1-3 Tonguebut it may not arrive for a while because of the Xmas post.Thumbs%20Down. I got it for £39.99 (56% off) so I'm not complaining.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 10:56am
Originally posted by SkyFly SkyFly wrote:

Thanks! Its worked great so far, but when I click the install button on the woai installer an error message pops up stating:

Unhandled exception has occured in your applications...etc
And then it goes on about access being denied to the fsx root folder. Any ideas? (Windows 7, FSX Acc)
Unhandled exeption will always happen if you're installing more than three packages at a time.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 10:59am
Running the WOAI as admin should solve the problem.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

Just spoke to flightstore, they will send Horizons Gen X VFR scenery Volumes 1-3 Tonguebut it may not arrive for a while because of the Xmas post.Thumbs%20Down. I got it for £39.99 (56% off) so I'm not complaining.

It's a really good deal that, but I don't really fly GA in England so wouldn't be much use to me. 

What do you think of Flight Store?  I personally don't like them, they always say they will send your purchase out the same day if ordered before 2 PM, but they hardly ever do, when you inquire about this they always said they were short staffed.Confused 

I was charged £3.99 postage ON A DOWNLOAD!  But I eventually got them to take this charge off.Big%20smile

They've got a sale on ATM, but notice the 30% off is on the ORIGINAL price that that the developer recommends.  Quite sneaky I think.
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 11:09am
@ Aircraft Aviation and Edward, thanks, I managed to solve it by turning user account control off in windows 7. All these new security measures can be a nightmare! WOAI is absolutely brilliant now! Thanks for the help.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 11:15am
What do you think of Flight Store?
There OK nothing special. I have ound them useful if I need something for flying and my flying school doesn't have it. The P+P charges are a bit high but not the worst.

end your purchase out the same day if ordered before 2 PM, but they hardly ever do, when you inquire about this they always said they were short staffed.Confused
Never had that problem. Always been dispached same or next day. You must have that effect on companies tom!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 11:30am
Looks like i'm going to have to get Gen X to replace my VFR RS now.  I've just found that the reason I was having problems with London X was because it's incompatible with VFR RS.  Anyone know where I can get the Southern version of Gen X really cheap?
Kind regards,
Tom
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 11:32am
Anyone know where I can get the Southern version of Gen X really cheap?
Ebay?
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 1:22pm
Nothing on eBay Tom.  Cheapest I found was on Amazon at £14.99 but it's second hand.
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 5:02pm
Its £20.99 in the flightstore sale.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 5:06pm
Why don't you buy the pack of three for £39.99, then just sell the other two? 
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 5:12pm
Thats a great idea. You could sell the ones you don't want and maybe even make a profit from it.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 5:14pm
Probably could, I've done a few things like that in the past and made a profit. 
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:03pm
Good idea, but I think i'll buy the pack of three and just keep them!  At least then i'll have the whole of England and Wales!
Kind regards,
Tom
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Good idea, but I think i'll buy the pack of three and just keep them!  At least then i'll have the whole of England and Wales!
.  Go treat yourself!Big%20smile
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:39pm
See Tom (s) where would you be with out meSmile

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic