This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Announcements > News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New download system goes live

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New download system goes live
    Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 3:24pm

We have just launched our new ‘keyless’ unlocking system for download products on Just Flight and Just Trains. Any product purchased after 14:30 UK time on 21st December will use the new system. Anything you’ve bought before that date will continue to use the keycode system and your codes will continue to work as normal.

The new system has been developed in-house by us using Real Networks technology and is designed to be far more user-friendly than anything else in use. It’s dead simple – you make a purchase on our site and download your file via the direct link on the confirmation screen (also sent to you in an e-mail). Then, you run the program and enter, when prompted, your Just Flight or Just Trains e-mail and account password. The product unlocks and away you go!

Once unlocked you can install the product as many times as you like and you can also unlock it on up to three other PCs using your e-mail and password. You don’t have to be connected to the Internet to use your product, only for the few seconds it takes to unlock it.

We have had lots of feedback from customers over the years and the most common complaints are that keycodes are easy to lose, the e-mail containing the code can get trapped by spam filters and when it comes to re-unlocking a product, sometimes years after purchase, it can be a pain to try and track down the code. Systems such as Steam and that used by Rise of Flight partially solve the problem, but mean that you need to be online to use your software. We’ve taken all that into account when building this unique system and we think you’ll find it is much easier to use than anything else around.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:18pm
Sounds good to me!  But I'll personally be sticking with boxed. . . .although I suppose I could give downloading a try.
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:44pm
I like the changes to the account options aswell as the new system. Saves you trawling through your email inbox for those blasted numbers. I might get a download over the Xmas period just to try it out. What should I get?

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
tonek View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 7:37am
This is great news I always found the old system a nightmare and it never worked first time for me.

I have usually used flightsim.com it was so user friendly and everything worked first time and its so easy to recover your activation code.

I look forward to using Just Flight in a hope that improvements have been made.

Tonek
Tony
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 4:22pm
The new system doesn't work!! I still get the old codeunlock system! And I didn't have the codes sent to me!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 5:17pm
Sorted. Its the old system from the download links page.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Any product purchased after 14:30 UK time on 21st December will use the new system. Anything you’ve bought before that date will continue to use the keycode system and your codes will continue to work as normal.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 10:01am
Derek, I brought the add on yesterday, but when I downloaded the link from the site, it took me to the old unlock page and not the new one.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 10:08am
Hi Edward,

Are you referring to the C152? If so then it looks like you would have gone to the new unlocking page. Did you definitely have to enter an installation code and not just enter your account username and password?
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:07pm
Hi Edward,

Are you referring to the C152? If so then it looks like you would have gone to the new unlocking page. Did you definitely have to enter an installation code and not just enter your account username and password?
Yes it was Carenado's model. I ordered it on my laptop but when I treid to install to my PC I went through the old unlock system. It was odd because I had not been sent any codes. So I saved the download setup onto my usb and installed from that. That was then I got to use the new system. I am having the same problem with Real Scenery Airfields.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:29pm
Hmm, it's physically impossible for the same download to offer you both systems of unlocking at the same time. I think you must have had two different versions on your PC. Don't use the old download links page as that will link you to the old versions. Only use the email links in your email

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:39pm
Doesn't matter, I have it working nowSmile. Are there any plans to use the new system on the old links page?

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:40pm
No, the old versions of the software need to remain so that previous purchases can be obtained.
All new purchases of any title through the shopping cart will be using the new system
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:47pm
How do we activiate the download from the old system, if we haven't be emailed any codes?

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:02pm
I think you are missing the point a little.

Old purchases will remain exactly the same. You can use the download links page to re-download the installers and the "forgotten your codes" option when running it to have a new set of codes emailed to you if you have misplaced the last email that was sent to you. You will enter the codes in exactly the same way as before using the same screen.

All our products have been repackaged and released using a new system that doesn't require any codes. If you purchase an old title such as the A320 Professional via download today you will be using the new system. If you purchased it before the new system went live in late December then the above paragraph will apply to you
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:06pm
Okay, RAS. I downloaded Carenado's C152II yesterday and when I went to install it from the download links, I got asked for the proof of purchase code and responce number (which weren't given to me). My question was, how would I re download it and activate it if I haven't been given any codes?

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:13am
Hi Edward,

The question is why did you download it from the download links rather than going through the website in the normal way. What has happened is you have downloaded the old version of the software. Download the new version from here and you should be able to unlock it with your username and password.

Ditch the link to the download links page and make any future purchases through the website and you wont have these problems in future

TonyR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 10:44am
Hi :)
I purchased Trainz 2010 yesterday (download version), completed the download and started the installation.
Unfortunately I cannot retrieve the serial number as I get Run Process Error - Error creating process
after I have entered my e-mail and password, then eventualy the message in the CD key box "No Customer Found" - yet I can use the same credentials to log into my just trains and just flight account.
I have even removed the firewall temporarily but the problem persists. Cannot do another download due to download limits on my USB stick internet access, which I have already had to pay extra for due to the file size.
Is there anyway I can just be issued with a serial number please as this is the only thing that is holding me back at this stage. Have put all this via the contact us page but don't want to have to wait up to two days for a reply. - also I tried to send to downloads@justtrains.net which is in the help file and got mail delivery failured.
Help please, so that I can get online .. (no pun intended)
Recon54 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recon54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:15pm
Marty I down see the new version dwnload, can you tell me where to click it?
james857 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james857 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 8:31am
Hughi Kodak  de  
james
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic