This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anti Aliasing help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti Aliasing help!
    Posted: 31 May 2008 at 7:31pm
Hello

Recently people have been telling me that I need to increase my anti aliasing. How do I do this? I've read the post on Mutleys but it doesn't seem to help, I think reef was using Vista. Could someone please give me a step by step guide on how to get to the settings of a nvidia graphics card on Vista??

Thanks

Dom
leesheeky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leesheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 8:28pm
you can do anti aliasing though fs.
go to settings.
display
then click hardware.
there will be a box sayin anti aliasing
click this box
i thinks thats it
well how did mine anyway

emo god.
we live to die why not die to live
fs9.

ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 8:10pm
Or you can right click anywhere on your desktop and that will show an option concerning your graphics card control panel.
Click on that then you will go into the settings of your graphics card from here. You can then change antialiaising options.
You can then change it to about 8x or 16x and sometimes it can be set to just do what FSX wants. (Application controlled) which means it will do whatever FSX suggests. 
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.
DellE520, 8600GT, nHancer, 3GB Ram, Intell Duo Core

Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 9:15pm
Also try updating your graphics driver to the latest available:

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 11:30pm

Your best option is to disable AA in the FSX menu. The reason being this setting is one fixed setting for AA, and it uses the CPU to process the information. To get AA in FSX you must then open the  control panel for your card and scroll through the settings to the AA. Here, you can set a setting for any particular application. For example, you could have 8x in FS9 and 4x in FSX. Moreover, it lets you choose between supersampling, multisampling etc. Further, this all gets routed through the graphics card instead, increasing the load on the card, and reducing the load on the CPU, which is what you want.

For nV cards, the app you want is just called nv control panel I think... It should be under the ordinary control panel window.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
dawson1978 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawson1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 9:19pm
what about the scenary settings and the weather settings or do you mean just the settings in the hardware section
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 11:13pm

Leave every setting alone, except for the AA. Turn it off. Then, go into the NV control panel and set it there. :)

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 4:43pm
Okay, so let me try to sort this out for nVidia users.

Last night I managed to get AA working in FS without rolling back the drivers.

Except if you are using the latest drivers then you can't delete the whole profile, however, if you go to options and click "Allow Overide of Pre-Defined settings" you can turn off enhance in game settings.

Try it, it works perfectly for me. Oh and thank Panos95 for the link (stolen off Mutleys Hangar).
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic