This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas flight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas flight
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:41pm
Do any of you guys want to get together and do a big xmas flight online or something?

Just a thought....

We could arrange a good time/date to suit everyone, even learners of VATSIM could join and we can encourage you along!

Big%20smile

SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:45pm
Sounds good, I need to reinstall all that old VATSIM stuff then! Is this a GA or airliner sort of flight?
daveygurm10 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:51pm
I was thinking Airliners as people would have a big variety and destination choice is more varied as well.

So we have one on board Wink

http://squawkbox.ca/downloads/ - Squawxbox can be downloaded here.

If we get a good few pilots we will start thinking times, dates destinations Smile
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:57pm
Good stuff! I remember with FsInn I had to go to a forum to get a beta that actually works - nightmare! Here's to hoping I can get the Captain 757 approaches working by then.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:26pm
An excellent idea Davey.  What sort of multiplayer flying are you meaning, shared cockpit, or a flyout? 

About VATSIM, should I use Squawxbox or FSInn, I found my FPS were very low when using FSInn. 
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:45pm
Tom, your fps shouldn't really be affected by the method used for VATSIM, it is more likely to be the number of planes you encountered when flying in VATSIM, and what type they are. Sometimes every 747 in the area maybe a PMDG for example! You need to select the types of planes to represent other users, in the settings menu. Hope this helps.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:01pm
Count me in!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:17pm
If you use VATSIM then it will use the models from its own database and you dont fiddle around with all that, like in FSINN. Albeit the models are not as good looking though!

Was thinking more of a fly out together.

So we have 4 so far including myself.

Welcoming more pilots...........Tongue
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:43am
The 'unofficial' poster.....

As you can see the meet is at London Gatwick flying to Naples, Italy. Some great freeware scenery for both are available here!

London Gatwick
Naples

This date is not final and can be tweaked to get the most people to fly the event.

Put your name down here if you would like to join this event. Its for fun and anyone who needs a hand getting started let me know.

AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:57am
Count me in.... i've done afew flights on VATSIM so i should be alright. I like the idea very much and the date is 1 day after my birthday so i'lll think of it as a late birthday gift .
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:35am
Cool, great stuff. Thats 5 and counting so far...................
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:54am
One question, I've not done a lot of multi player flying, but will this mean that we all have to use the same aircraft, such as LDS 767, or can we all use different ones?
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:20pm
You can use what aircraft jet you like. Totally up to you. 
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:27pm
Ok, thanks.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 9:32pm
Hey guys,

This event is ready for the go, tomorrow at 12:00z, meet at EGKK on VATSIM.

I can provide any required help at the time of connection if required for those who need assistance.

Remember the scenery links, as above, as this will make your visuals look alot better. Wink

See ya all tomorrow at 12:00z!!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 9:40pm
Davey, a few questions first as I've hardly flown multi player before:

Do we just set up our own aircraft at a gate at EGKK or do we have to join a session on the FSX multi player? 

I can't get my VATSIM to work, I don't know if it's because I've not used it in 30 days and it's canceled my registration.  Is VATSIM mandatory? 

Thanks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 9:41pm
You can use what aircraft jet you like. Totally up to you.
I'll be seeing you in my F-16 (if possible?). Could you help me as I have not used Vatsim?

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:09pm
Ill pop on :D tho might divert away before LIRN :D

Flightboy
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:15am
Tom - You should still be bale to log onto one of the Vatsim servers; it does not expire.

Edward - You can only use your F-16 if you can fly a proper route with it - GPS / FMS etc. Not VFR.
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:26am
Edward - You can only use your F-16 if you can fly a proper route with it - GPS / FMS etc. Not VFR.
Yes my F-16 has a GPS, what I will probably do is program the GPS to fly direct (EGKK-LIRN) then take off behind someone and follow them. I will probably track you lot and eventuly pull up next to someone (not to close though). And if you annoy me i'll blow you out of the sky.Big%20smile

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic