This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tilting Voyager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tilting Voyager
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:06am
Tilting Voyager

The Tilting Voyager upgrade not only gives you the chance to drive a Voyager that actually tilts around curves, but will also let you enjoy a much more authentic experience thanks to the all-new night lighting in the drivers' cab and the passenger carriages.

Gone are the days of struggling to see the controls in an amost dark driver’s cab! Just Trains has developed a subtle but effective level of overall illumination in the driver's cab, in both RailWorks and Rail Simulator, that is realistic and unintrusive - the same level of lighting you get while driving your car at night.

The actual gauges such as the speedometer are, of course, backlit and and their lighting can be switched on and off. Our new lighting system in the driver's cab will let you see all the controls and switches as well, making driving at night a much more realistic experience. 

Gone too are the days of carrying passengers in total darkness - passenger cabins are now illuminated!

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
JMRRC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMRRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:18pm
Why do the trains on Railworks not have proper headlights that illuminate the track and scenery etc when in the cab? This would be a great thing to include :D
deanbean10 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanbean10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:16pm
Do the current liscence holders get this for free or will we be requried to pay?
Despite we already have trhe voyager!
hurricanemk1c View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:20pm
I understand that existing Voyager customers will get a free upgrade. Read in a newsletter ages ago!

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:35am
Hi,

Unfortunately it won't be a free upgrade, there will be a small cost attached to it.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanbean10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 12:14am
how much would this be?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanbean10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 12:15am
I would love the DRA to properly work :D
EGNR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EGNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:59am
Looks interesting, but will you fix the broken scenarios in the current Voyager pack first? They've been broken for a long time now...

The 'Into the Night' , 'Winter Voyager' and 'In Your Dreams' scenarios still don't work with the latest Railworks version 108.0a. The other included scenarios seem to work fine.

Not much point in purchasing additional rolling stock / scenarios from you, if you are unable to maintain the current pack.

Appologies in advance for being negative, but I hope you see my point.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:10am
Hi Andrew,

We are in the final stages of testing the Voyager fixes and  hope to release them shortly.

I apologise for the delay, however we currently have quite a few different projects in the pipe-line, so we are busy battling through them all. I can assure you that the tilting Voyager upgrade pack will not be released before the existing Voyager is fixed.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
EGNR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EGNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 3:03pm
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear you are still working on fixing the scenarios, I will look forward to those, and then of course purchasing the tilting Voyager.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanbean10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 4:53pm
@EGNR i found that if i reinstalled the voyager they worked properly. And then i could optimise the voyager once again
EGNR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EGNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by deanbean10 deanbean10 wrote:

@EGNR i found that if i reinstalled the voyager they worked properly. And then i could optimise the voyager once again

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I've tried this on a few occasions - once after a complete Railworks un-install and re-install. Still no joy, the same scenarios have the same problems on re-installation.

So it seems for me it's not the install that's producing the error, but the scenario coding, probably as a result of 'updates' to the Railworks core since the Voyager pack was produced.

I can still enjoy the Voyager on other routes and scenarios that use this loco - UKTrainSim is a good place for lots of free stuff - until this gets resolved.
alans View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:46pm
When this is released, what will the effect be of tilting from the cab view? With the DLC pendalino, and IEP supplied with RW3, as the train tilts the drivers seat magically remains perpendicular to the ground which looks really naff! Will the camera tilt properly in this product ?

Alan
RWDownloads_UK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWDownloads_UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 7:32pm
Can you not fit it to the cross country because cross country took the tilting system out of there voyagers and super voyagers
Looking For A Class 377

rwdownloads.webs.com
alans View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by alans alans wrote:

When this is released, what will the effect be of tilting from the cab view? With the DLC pendalino, and IEP supplied with RW3, as the train tilts the drivers seat magically remains perpendicular to the ground which looks really naff! Will the camera tilt properly in this product ?

Alan

I would be grateful if someone could answer my question please. The answer will affect my decision as to whether to buy or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic