This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cruise Altitude

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cruise Altitude
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:51am
I've been adding a lot of GA AI traffic to my US VFR flight plan.  I'm putting in altitudes at thousands plus 500, e.g. I'm using 25, 35, 45, 55, etc. in the altitude parameter field.  In following some of the flights I find that some do what I put in and some seem to settle in on the thousands, ignoring the 500 foot increment. 

Does anyone have any insight into why they behave like that and if there's anything I can do about it?

Thanks...
John Allard
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 1:45am

Replying to my own post here...

It appears to be dependant upon the WX. If i set a VFR altitude and the weather is IMC, it appears the traffic engine in FS puts them on the thousands instead of + 500.  I haven't seen enough examples to be 100% certain, but it's certainly looking that way.  That's a little more sophistication than I would have expected.

John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic