This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'No Knox DNA' in Kercher's room

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'No Knox DNA' in Kercher's room
    Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:40pm
First, I'm not saying she is innocent, and please, no emotional outbursts and gruesome penalties suggested.

I know many of you reacted rather emotional to the guilty verdict in regard to this girl, but what do you all think of this...

Must admit, I found it strange that an individual could be found guilty, with the main evidence being a spec of DNA on a bra clasp.

According to her father, she endured an all night 14 hour interrogation ordeal, that was reviewed at the Italian supreme court, who agreed that her rights were violated.

Sounds like dodgy Italian police work there. Emotional responses are never a good idea with these things, because you never know for sure.

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 6:55pm
Who said there wasn't any DNA?

I know the items were examined by us (the UK). Did we say there wasn't any DNA, or did the Italians?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:25pm
There wasn't, simple as that, none was found and none presented as evidence.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:43pm
Who said?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:48pm
Mr Spock, and he never lies.

So what do you think they did? The prosecution had acess to DNA evidnce that would have helped their case but didn't use it. Confused

I think the prosecution would have presented it if they had any.

The Italian legal system is hardly top notch is it. Can't you see, I'm giving you a chance to dive into a conspiracy... go for it Pointy.  Wink
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:53pm
Italians . . .  .I don't know. . . . .

Have you seen Knox though? She looks evil in my opinion, therefore she MUST be guilty !Big%20smile
Generic forum signature
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:56pm
Wasn't there a knife with DNA on it?

What do you think to this then? Knox is only concerned about herself. Her parents showed the remorse - not her. No psychopath cares for their victim, and she shows all the signs.

If she is genuinely innocent, why isn't she calling for the real perpetrator to be caught? If they were, why isn't she saying that? All she seems to be saying is "I'm innocent".

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:38am
What do you think to this then? Knox is only concerned about herself. Her parents showed the remorse - not her. No psychopath cares for their victim, and she shows all the signs.

Big%20smile Thank god Pointy isn't a judge. The legal system exists to bypass that sort of attitude.

If she is genuinely innocent, why isn't she calling for the real perpetrator to be caught?

And how precisely would she do that? Go on breakfast TV perhaps, hold a press conference. She's in jail.  Big%20smile

My point is, that no legal system is perfect, least of all the Italian system. We have only the opinion of the court to go by. Yes she could be guilty, and we hope they got it right, but we really don't know, so over emotional ramblings like the last time this was discussed aren't really appropriate.

It will be interesting to see what happens in her appeal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic