This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help desperate.....PIC 737

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyfade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:32pm
still no luck guys................ i have noticed that i cannot alter the rate of ascent or descent manually either
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:37pm
screenshots :)
Generic forum signature
montyfade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyfade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:40pm
hi chris you able to talk m8
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by montyfade montyfade wrote:

hi chris you able to talk m8

Well although I'm not literally talking, I am contributing in this topic am I not ?
Generic forum signature
montyfade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyfade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:48pm
tell me exactly what pics you want
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:50pm
Just take screenshots of you setting up the CDU, each page etc.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:52pm
As said before, a screenshot of the FMC, LEGS, PERF INIT, ... and MCP.  I've told you how to take pics. 
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:52pm
Step-by-step what you're entering into the FMC/CDU.

If there isnt a problem with the actual program (which I doubt there is) then you are inputting wrong.  Garbage in Garbage out.

This was the first addon I ever purchased, before that I was using crappy defaullt aircraft that didnt require any inteligence to fly, so 737 PIC was a shock to my system.  I spent some time learning the manual and made a good number of practice flights and in a week I was flying like a pro haha. 

Its all there in the manual matey.  Its not the best manual in the world but its certainly adequate.
Generic forum signature
montyfade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyfade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:02pm
Chris on Daveygurns post it point number 11 thats my big problem i dont know what figures and where they are meant to be put as i cannot find them pages
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:05pm
They are found on the VNAV section of the FMC.  Are you going to post a screenshot? 
daveygurm10 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:21pm
I think you need to really go back to the manual and read it step by step.

It really does explain how to get this thing flying using the autopilot. You need to make sure you have looked at every page in the FMC using the function buttons and if you havent input any data into those pages think to yourself should i be and what should be there.

As everyone is saying please provide screenshots of
MCP
FMC PAGES - VNAV, CLB,CRZ,DES, LEGS, RTE, PERF INT
EHSI (NAV DISPLAY)
ATTIUDE INDICATOR

These will really help us who cannot see what your doing, what you have done and if its right.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by daveygurm10 daveygurm10 wrote:

I think you need to really go back to the manual and read it step by step.

It really does explain how to get this thing flying using the autopilot.

Ive tried explaining that to him .

MontyFade, it is all in the manual :)  Read it slowly. . . dont rush it. . . . relax.

Generic forum signature
montyfade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyfade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:03pm
Hi guys well believe it or not iv done it not quiet sure how tho!!
All it seemed I done different was aligning the IRS in a different way I'm goin to try another flight now just to be sure. Cheers for all your help
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:05pm
So you hadn't aligned the IRS.  If you posted a screen shot we would have found that out days ago!Big%20smile
montyfade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyfade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:31pm
Well i thought i had but obviously notEmbarrassed
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:47pm
So it is working now?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by montyfade montyfade wrote:

Well i thought i had but obviously notEmbarrassed

Well the fact that the instruments appear dead if you don't align the IRS, should have been a give-away! .
Generic forum signature
SoCentral2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoCentral2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 3:07pm
The CDU/FMC works as it should, you just need to learn it. The guy who wrote the useful bits in the manual supplied with 737 PIC, Captain Mike Ray, also publishes "Flying the Boeing 700 Series Flight Simulators", which is widely available, and is a must have if you want to learn how this thing really works (because it's not intuitive). I would have given up long ago if it wasn't for this manual.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:03pm
I'd highly reccomend the Mike Ray manuals, an excellent manual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic