This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colleague defends Climate Scientst

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:56am
So Vulcan, you had a Peugeot Diesel, then you inquired about a baby Fiat... and now you have [so you say] a Crossfire that  does 0-60 in 5.3 and has a top speed of 165 MPH...

And you hardly drive it. Worth the money then?

. I rest my case. Wink
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:20pm
Quote And you hardly drive it. Worth the money then?

Every penny.

...and I'm still looking at that Fiat. Good job I didn't order yet - they just changed the spec and added gear shift to the steering wheel. Apparently there is a change to the rear suspension for next year, so waiting.

Back on topic - did you listen to the linkl? Over 30,000 scientists wrote to Congress to object to the idea of MMGW.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:41pm
Give it me again, I will eat your shorts, unwashed if that were true.

If they were complaining about something it wasn't whether we were culpable.

Give it me again!

And please! I seriously hope it's not that ridiculous petition thats floating around the Internet including DEAD scientists, names made up and a handful that know zero about climate science and are studying science at collage.

As for your expensive car, that must cost a bomb to service and maintain, insurance etc... that you rarely use, and has very high performance but you always obey the speed limit...

Why did you waste your money on an expensive car you hardly drive. I call that a waste of money. Wink

Didn't you say you had a four wheel drive as well once?

Lets see a photo, you can block out the reg.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

As for your expensive car, that must cost a bomb to service and maintain, insurance etc... that you rarely use, and has very high performance but you always obey the speed limit...

Why did you waste your money on an expensive car you hardly drive. I call that a waste of money. Wink

THANK YOU !

Well said!
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:12pm
Over 30,000 scientists wrote to Congress to object to the idea of MMGW.

Foolish and gulible Vulcan. Big%20smile He still can't see the real conspiracy... now you CAN blame oil Pointy. Wink

Quote The 30,000 Global Warming Petition is Easily-Debunked Propaganda

To say that the oft-touted "30,000 Global Warming Petition" project stinks would be an understatement.

The Petition's Sordid Beginnings

The petition first emerged in April 1998 and was organized by Art Robinson of the self-proclaimed “Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine” (OISM) [their headquarters are the Photo Inset].

Along with the Exon-backed George C. Marshall Institute, Robinson's group co-published the infamous “Oregon Petition” claiming to have collected 17,000 signatories to a document arguing against the realities of global warming.

The petition and the documents included were all made to look like official papers from the prestigious National Academy of Science. They weren’t, and this attempt to mislead has been well-documented.

Also attached to the petition was an apparent “research paper” titled: Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide. The paper was made to mimic what a research paper would look like in the National Academy’s prestigious Proceedings of the National Academy journal. The authors of the paper were Robinson, Sallie Baliunas, Willie Soon (both oil-backed scientists) and Robinson’s son Zachary.

The petition was so misleading that the National Academy issued a news release stating: "The petition project was a deliberate attempt to mislead scientists and to rally them in an attempt to undermine support for the Kyoto Protocol. The petition was not based on a review of the science of global climate change, nor were its signers experts in the field of climate science."

An Unverifiable Mess

Time and time again, I have had emails from researchers who have taken random samples of names from the list and Google searched them for more information. I urge others to do the same. What you'll quickly find is either no information, very little information or information substantiating the fact that the vast majority of signers are completely unqualified in the area of climate change science.

Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:20pm

Didn't you say you had a four wheel drive as well once?

Song Yang?
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:09am
SsangYong Rexton II 270XVT (diesel). It's South Korean, but uses Mercedes parts (engine/drivetrain) under license.

Highly recommended if you're looking for a tow vehicle.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:29am
So how many cars do you own exactly?
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 7:25pm
Remembering that the heat we feel is as a result of a massive energy system:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread523496/pg1

Check the math. A great calculation.

Note that it is making the assumption that all energy is absorbed by all the CO2 above 280 ppm, which puts any temperature rise seen on the high side.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 7:34pm
It's slowly falling apart:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/dec/08/copenhagen-climate-summit-disarray-danish-text

I guess that is a major plus side of politicians being inept at anything.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:10pm
Nobody's interested Vulcan.

By the way, do you own a Lear jet?
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:29pm
People should be interested - they're going to get taxed on the lies.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:52pm
I find it funny how alot of the references on the "Above top secret" website are wikipedia articles.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:09pm
What are you sugesting? That Wikipedia is a load of junk when it comes to accuracy of information?

Anyone who knows anything about astronomical subjects will know that the data in the post is accurate, with or without Wikipedia.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

It's slowly falling apart:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/dec/08/copenhagen-climate-summit-disarray-danish-text

I guess that is a major plus side of politicians being inept at anything.

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Yes, the global warming conspiracy is "slowly falling apart". Of course it is, if only I'd have realised it. What a fool I've been. Wink

.   I love that, slowly falling apart.

Denmark came up with this, it was a 'draft' document intended to be fine tuned during the week. The Dane's mess up the wording on a draft document, so Vulcan tells us that it's all falling apart. .Big%20smile

You couldn't make this stuff up. Wink
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:07pm

What are you sugesting? That Wikipedia is a load of junk when it comes to accuracy of information?

Anyone who knows anything about astronomical subjects will know that the data in the post is accurate, with or without Wikipedia.

I am suggesting that as a source for a scientific analysis it is unreliable based on the fact that anyone can edit it. I'm not nessarcarily suggesting it is inaccurate but it is certainanly not a valid source.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:03pm

Not sure if that's meant to be sarcastic, ironic or just plain daft...Smile
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 7:48pm
If you know anything about a subject, you know if what you're reading is reasonable or not.

The other thing is you *NEVER* rely on a single source for information, regardless of what that  source is.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:19pm
 *NEVER* rely on a single source for information

No, Pointy relies on several sources, that's several conspiracy web sites, plus he always refers to the most reliable source of all...

That clump of manky neurons, in a very primitive region of his mind, a region that’s rarely accessed by normal people. For it is here, that the hopelessly defective wiring, gives rise to some of the most fascinating interpretations of everyday phenomenon known to man.

Psychiatrists, psychologists, those that study the human condition, they all clamor to study the phenomenon that is Pointy.

And some say, that a deranged scientist, hell bent on creating the first cloned human being, has already manufactured several prototypes using Pointy as a template.

Wink
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 11:52pm

And some say, that a deranged scientist, hell bent on creating the first cloned human being, has already manufactured several prototypes using Pointy as a template.
Yep, hence the barcode tatoo - it's the batch number...Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic