This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm Sill Alive !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 10:06pm
Oh good, i liked that with A-level chemistry, didn't understand most of the concepts because they just didn't add up.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 12:58am
They dumb a lot of things down in A-level to the point it's not true anymore.

I'm assuming you've done s,p,d,f orbitals in Chemistry? They tell you it's the path electrons (which are described as balls of matter) take around the nucleus. It's actually a very complicated result of quantum mechanics. It's more about where there is the highest probability of finding an electron is.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 8:45am
Quote It's actually a very complicated result of quantum mechanics. It's more about where there is the highest probability of finding an electron is.

I don't know if your going to be surprised or not but they have told us that in physics and in chemistry.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 2:04pm
I don't think it's on the syllabus though.
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 3:11pm
No, but my teachers promote understanding and good grades. (Private School)
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 3:40pm
A-level and understanding are oxymorons. Wink
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 3:48pm
Tell me about it .
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 5:20pm
I meant that A-level is rubbish, in that what you learn is wrong. But I guess that makes it hard in turn. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic