This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Im in Big Trouble Tomorrow!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im in Big Trouble Tomorrow!
    Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:22pm
I will run through this annoying story in bullet points

• Law
  • 1st essay of the year
  • Completed it over half term
  • Emailed to teacher
  • The essay got deleted STUPIDLY by me because I assumed that was end of matter
  • He didnt get the email ! Cry
  • He said, okay do it again and bring it in for me
  • Managaed to finish . . . PRINTER didnt work !
  • Astonishingly I also then couldnt find memory stick
  • I came clean and said I have never had such luck in my life
  • I was given a written warning (second most serious stage before being expelled)
  • Got it in finially
  • Second essay handed out a few weeks ago
  • I thought what could possibly go wrong this time

Well it did

I wrote on the due in date "30th"
. . .  .Naturally it was due in on the 20th. . . .Just found this out. . .

I wasnt in on the 20th so I was none the wiser, tomorrow he is going to either kill me, or severly wound me tomorrow, and although its down to me writing down incorrectly it was a mistake never the less Cry

My homework record has been pretty much spot on at college, other than these first few months of this year, but I just cant imagine him beleiving this, and I dont blame him.  I dont want to go "on contract" (next stage of warning)

Any thoughts on what I could do chaps? if any at all for this strange post

Generic forum signature
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:28pm
Blooming Heck that is some awful awful awful luck there.

I really don't know what you can do! It just seems like you're having an awful start to this year, but 2010 will always bring good luck! Remember only (approx) 4 weeks until Christmas!

If you can somehow prove it was an honest mistake, then maybe something will float your way. However this guy seems pretty stern, just tell us how you get on.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:28pm
I feel for you Chris, somthing similar happend to me when my English folder went missing just before inspection.  If I were you, I'd just say the truth, explain what's happend, there's nothing worse than a lot of lies being thrown at your teacher, he/she won't belive it and you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.  Just be honest!  I'm sure it will be ok if you just tell him the truth.  Good luck!
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

I feel for you Chris, somthing similar happend to me when my English folder went missing just before inspection.  If I were you, I'd just say the truth, explain what's happend, there's nothing worse than a lot of lies being thrown at your teacher, he/she won't belive it and you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.  Just be honest!  I'm sure it will be ok if you just tell him the truth.  Good luck!
Unfortunately Chris has already told the truth - Twice. His tutor really is going to start raising eyebrows is he constantly comes in with missing work, even if it is the truth!

To be honest this tutor really doesn't seem to be very understanding. But Chris, why did you delete the essay, surely always keep a backup no matter what?

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:32pm

Thank you both,

I tried explaining this to my parents but with no luck, I have always been a "non-beleiver" of "Luck" but this series of events truly made me think otherwise.

Its just astonishing how these things can happen when you are otherwise good overall.

I think truth is the best way forward.  Keep the replies coming people ! I need comfort !

AA - I will be sure to make a post on how I got on, If I dont its because Im dead.
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:33pm
I have recently had a rotton time time with courseworkDead. Basicly what happened, the file got corrupted 4 timesAngry. So I have a free period tommorow to finish that off.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:34pm
But Chris, why did you delete the essay, surely always keep a backup no matter what?

My absolute stupidity OuchCry  I thought " Ahh well its been sent off now, all done."  So I deleted it.   A week past, got into school and he recieved nothing.

The only comfort I have is that other people have emailed things and things havnt gone smoothly
Generic forum signature
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:42pm

You could take a day off...Big%20smile

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

You could take a day off...Big%20smile

Always an option, but then to be safe I would probably have to miss physics, which I really dont wana do.  Either way I dont like missing school (even though I have missed quite abit this year through doctors appointments - no thats not an excuse btw)  had a very very bad sore throat today and went in.  just to contaminate others !   mwahahahahahaaaa

in all seriousness im going to die tomorrow. . . .
Generic forum signature
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

But Chris, why did you delete the essay, surely always keep a backup no matter what?

My absolute stupidity OuchCry  I thought " Ahh well its been sent off now, all done."  So I deleted it.   A week past, got into school and he recieved nothing.

The sent e-mail box should have a copy of it there? Unless you deleted that too?
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:06pm
The sent e-mail box should have a copy of it there? Unless you deleted that too?

Im not feeling 10x worse ! . 

See this is exactly what I mean, it would have had a sent message that would prove my case completeled (ironic considering this is law) did it cross my mind to show that ? nope.

I have never ever had something like this happen. . . .
Generic forum signature
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:28pm
Act stupid, like you don't know what has happend, then go over the top with apologies, make it sound like the end of the world, then call yourself an idiot and put a worried/moron look on your face. By then the teacher is normally feeling sorry for you, deadlines are slightly extended and all is good.

Worked everytime for me. .

Matt.
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:30pm
Puppy eye look!!
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 10:11pm

Owww that's rotten luck mate!  Feel for you i've had it all go wrong in the past!

Hmm.. depends what you want to do - if you've already had a written warning and could face expulsion (which sounds extremely harsh in my opinion), couldn't you take a day out and finish the work then hand it in the next day?  I'm not encouraging you to skive off but i'd seriously consider it if the consequences were that dire!  If you don't want to take a full day off couldn't you go to your other lessons and then 'miss' the one you don't have the work for?  Of course some smartass will probably claim that they've 'seen you' earlier in the day so you'd probably have to claim you felt sick or something!  To be honest I know it's terrible but I would probably do that if I were in your position rather than face being confronted without having any work to hand in!

I've got a nice easy day tomorrow!  Starts off with iPro which is always nice and relaxed - we do modular tests each week and I passed mine today but most of the class didn't so have to resit tomorrow, so for me it'll be easy!  Second is Business where my teacher is awesome!  Third is Maths which'll just be revision stuff.  Fourth would be Physics but the teacher's told us he'll be off tomorrow on a year 12 trip, so i'll have a nice two hour lunch break!  Fifth is maths again with our other teacher, who will most likely just show us the pictures of her latest scan like she usually does - she's pregnant - and then give us cake!

Just to make you feel better! .
Kind regards,
Tom
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 11:35pm
I've got a trip to the Madejski stadium for some driving awareness thing till about 12 then double free biology.

Good luck with the teacher tomorrow!
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 2:09am
REDUNDANCY.

I have 3 e-mail addresses with 3 different providers, two ways to get on the 'net (and a 3rd if I drive to a public wi-fi hotspot), three computers, and of course telephones (internet, mobile, and fixed-line).

I won't forget the day my friend took his hard disk with him so he wasn't technically late handing in his essay!!! .  Back in the day of DOS 3.0 and Works 2.0 running on an IBM 286... .  That thing was thicker than most textbooks. He pulled it off later on another computer.

Be sure to have backups, copies, print-outs, photos and hand-written copies, just in case. Wink  You never know when the fan might stop working due to unforseen circumstances. Wink

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic