This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Real Scenery Airfields - White Waltham.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Real Scenery Airfields - White Waltham.
    Posted: 27 May 2008 at 10:01pm

27th May 08.

Hi All,

Here are some preview screenshots of the next release in our Real Scenery Airfields series - White Waltham (EGLM).

Along with some of the airfield buildings, these pictures show our exclusive airfield winter textures. You don’t normally get these with ordinary add-on airports that use photo textures for the base and which stick out like a sore thumb, with them being all green and not at all winter-like when surrounded by default snow textures, so we put our thinking caps on and created a special set of photo textures to make the airfield itself show snow in December and January.

This blends in seamlessly with the surrounding snow textures, and this is a switchable option. If you use real weather and in those two months there is no snow on the ground, then the airfield will also have no snow.

We first introduced this innovation in our Denham expansion but now in White Waltham we have improved the look of this effect even more – we think it's rather good!

Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Captain Adorable View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Adorable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 3:27pm
This is great news as I'm a ppl who flys out of white waltham. I would be very happy to help you with your scenery of WLAC. If i can be of any help please let me know.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 2:46pm
I am pleased to announce that White Waltham is now released (and at a special low introductory price as well!). Below are a few more pics of it - I think it looks great! We have also released a free fully working demo of it that can be found for download at the bottom of its product page on the main site.

Enjoy!
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 11:34am
Very very nice.  This looks as good quality as the last one I got, Denham.  The pricing structure is excellent and a brilliant bit of scenery for anyone who wants to build up their version of FSX.  The addition of traffic has been done in a very simple but effective way too.  Another must have scenario.....

Is there any truth in the rumor that Barton Airfield (EGCB) is next?  Be nice to see one in the North some time.  Wink  Barton is a 4 landing strip grass field.   Various hangers exist including one massive one facing the tower where many light planes and microlights can be seen inside.  A fuel pump to the left of this hanger on the tarmac apron.  Their is a cafe for club members and this airfield has one of the oldest towers in the UK.  Currently owned by Peel Holdings unless its changed.  Light aircraft, microlights and helicopters fly in and out of here in real life.  Their is a flight training school.  Full car parking facilities are on site.

FSX incorrectly displays what looks like three landing strips side by side.  Looking from the runway 27 end the left one is a taxiway and not a landing strip as FSX portrays it.  The centre is runway 27L and the right is runway 27R. 

27L/09R is the active runway and runway 32/14 is actively used for helicopters.  Their are no runway signs as in FSX but portable night lighting can be utilized where necessary.  The Police helicopters are housed in the next field and can be seen from the airfield. This is a fully supported club circuit with a very strong following.  Made up of both the visiting public and the club members themselves, many of who are commercial pilots too.

Reider
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 3:56pm
t'up North? I thought the UK ended at Watford? If we wanted to develop Barton we would have to visit and not sure if we have Visas for that? 
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 9:09pm
Think of the advantages though, fish, chips and mushy peas and cold beer for a change.....  Wink

Reider
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 9:54pm
What are chips?
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 1:19pm
wow, the winter textures are fantastic!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic