This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-Factor- Anyone watching?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-Factor- Anyone watching?
    Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 11:14am
Personaly I'm not. Is anyone seriously watching it?

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 11:32am
Yes!

And for Cowell to leave it to a public vote last night, rather than doing what he normally does and judging on the nights performance, which resulted in a very talented singer leaving the competition and a lesser individual remaining, was very unfortunate indeed.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 12:28pm
Didn't that happen last week as well (good preformers leaving)?

It's a popularity contest, not a singing contest. Thumbs%20Down

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 12:46pm
I haven't really watched it. I might tune in Sunday to watch Leona perform Happy, with her super sexy sways. I'm always amazed by her performances.

Matt.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 12:56pm

It's a popularity contest, not a singing contest. Thumbs%20Down

Would agree with that, but not as Cowell said, in that this weeks jetisoned contestant hadn't connected with the public. That wasn't the case, it was more like she hadn't connected with the sector of society that votes, that just happens to be spotty faced pre-pubescent girls that wouldn't recognize talent if it smacked them in the face.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 1:02pm
Quote if it smacked them in the face.

. Freudian slip there?
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:09pm

Yes, I was watching it, I agree with Martin that the wrong person left.

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 6:17pm
The fact that John and Edward and Lloyd (despite being an OK singer) are still in, is making a mockery of the show.  
Generic forum signature
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 6:44pm
I have to admit, with this year's show, the live auditions in front of audiences instead of just the panel, has shown that the show has run it's useful course, just like Big Brother on C4. Time for a change.
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 7:02pm
I don't get it... if everyone hates John and Edward so much (and this is through word of mouth and Facebook, I don't actually watch X Factor), how come they're still in? The show's producers keep them in because the show needs an enemy. If everyone was a great singer no one would watch the show. We know this through the following report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8209429.stm

Basically if there is an enemy people will want to vote AGAINST them, which = more £ through call ins and texts. People don't vote for who they like (well, most people don't), they vote against who they hate and if the programme producers can capitalise on that they've hit the jackpot... so I think the producers (who probably earn more than the winners of the show ever will) are keeping them in on purpose.

This is in response to thousands of 'We hate John and Edward' posts on Facebook Dead
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Hot_Charlie Hot_Charlie wrote:

I have to admit, with this year's show, the live auditions in front of audiences instead of just the panel, has shown that the show has run it's useful course, just like Big Brother on C4. Time for a change.

True to some extent, I liked it better before when it was just in front of the panel without no music, made some of the acts look even worse.
GBL View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 1:58am
Rachel sang brilliant in the sing off and even though Lloyd had a sore throat he should have gone. How many times have we heard Mr Cowell say 'Ive got to judge it by your perfomance on the night' and quite clearly Rachel was better on the night. Mr Cowell did'nt have the guts and so held up a yellow feather for a public vote.
And another thing, i used to think Jamie was good but now i'm getting fed up with him turning everythig into a rock song, and chuck that  stupid T-towel away that dangles every week.
Aircraft Engines are the sound of Freedom.

ART
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 7:01am
Originally posted by GBL GBL wrote:

Rachel sang brilliant in the sing off and even though Lloyd had a sore throat he should have gone. How many times have we heard Mr Cowell say 'Ive got to judge it by your perfomance on the night' and quite clearly Rachel was better on the night. Mr Cowell did'nt have the guts and so held up a yellow feather for a public vote.
And another thing, i used to think Jamie was good but now i'm getting fed up with him turning everythig into a rock song, and chuck that  stupid T-towel away that dangles every week.

Rachel wasnt popular with the public and simon dosnt want a great singer no one wants to buy CDs from and thats why it was correct she had to leave. Simons acts seem to bend the rules to suit themselves and as for the twins......least they are not trying to make themselves out to be something there not unlike the others who overrate themselves far too much

Flightboy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic