This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Turning' on pushback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Turning' on pushback
    Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 4:19pm
Ok, maybe this is a dumb question but I need it answering.

I'm having a little trouble 'turning' on pushback.

I've checked the rudder controls for fs and thats what I'm trying however it doesnt seem to work. So I cant realy 'turn' I just have to keep going back and back in a straight line until the nose wheels are on the taxiway line. So I end up having to go half way accross the apron sometimes. And as you can imagine in some places there just isn't space to do this so I end up going onto the 'grass' area or sometimes with the rear of the plane directly infront of another terminal concourse.

How can I sort this?

Heinz
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 4:55pm
In FS you can't turn using pushback.

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 5:07pm
yes you can, press 1 or 2 on the number pad depending on which way you want to go
Generic forum signature
sj8005 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sj8005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 5:16pm
<pushback key> then <shift +1> to turn tail to left or <shift +2> to turn tail to right.  Be patient when first using it as the a/c will not start to turn until the nose gear reaches the point where the main gear "was" when you initiated the turn.

I forgot what key FSX assigns to pushback as default, I have mine mapped to my flight yoke and am away from my sim 'puter.
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 11:41pm
Cheers for the replies. I've given that a try and it still doesn't work. It's deffinatly the correct controls because I've checked it in my control assignments.
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 9:03am
It's defenatly (pushback commmand Shift+p) then (shift+1) to go left or (shift+2) to go right.

You have to do it quickly though or you end up bring a pannel up.  But it does take awhile until the nose reaches where the main gear was as sj8005 said.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 1:09pm
FS Copilot can give you a hand here also, www.mcdu.com, though I think they're website is down at the moment...

Dom
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 2:47pm
You definitely can't turn in FS with the rudder. I've tried it many times and it does not work.

Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 5:49pm
Mine still doesn't seem to be working.

I'm sure you can do it though, I've seen it done. And I did manage to do it once, this was by accident though so I don't know what I did to do it.

OT but I'm having another problem, this time with the doors, I cant seem to open other doors than the main exit. For example I can't open the cago doors. I've checked the controls, so I know I'm pressing the right ones, but still no luck
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 5:55pm
It can be hard opening the other doors, just hit shift+e and very quickly the appropriate number. Just keep trying, sometimes it seems impossible! It's just one of those things I'm afraid, same I think with the push back.

Dom
daveygurm10 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 9:13pm
AES by aerosoft can also do all those things for you if you have any add-on airports it uses.

I can push back and turn everytime. I do it like this,

1)Shift + P - to initiate the pushback
2)Almost instantly you need to press 1 (left) or 2 (right) to turn.

DO NOT PRESS ANY OTHER KEY WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING

The turn will begin when your nose wheel reaches the point your main gear was when the pushback begun.

It should work. Also check key assignments throughly to make sure Shift + P is pushback command.

Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 12:39pm

Cheers, I'll give things anothe try when I get home

I have actualy been looking at the AES system once or twice. It seems pretty good.

Quick question though, does it work in Mega Airports Heathrow? In the manual it says it does but in the list of supported airports it isn't listed, UK2000 is and another Heathrow, but not Mega Airports. Also, is Mega Aiports CDG and Mega Airports Frankfurt compatible with it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic