This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Captain Sim 757 PDF Procedures!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain Sim 757 PDF Procedures!
    Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 6:29pm
Hey everyone!

Recently I took the time out of my busy dayTongue - to convert some 757 Captain checklists that I made in Microsoft Word to a PDF document(s).

I made them in conjunction with Bob Markey's UGT 757 Captain Procedures, and I have his FULL permission to share them here.

In this zip file, I've made both the pre-flight procedures and the startup procedures.

I've made them in a (hopefully) easy-to-follow airline style checklist fashion.

Anyway, comments appreciated and enjoy.

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 6:31pm
Great Idea AAClap

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 6:36pm
Thaaaanks EddieSmile!

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:29pm

I've downloaded it, but somehow it won't open in Abobe.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:45pm
That's odd! It works fine for me! Tom - Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe. Also, when you say it doesn't open, what do you mean? Do you mean it just goes to a gray screen on Adobe? Or it comes up with an error?

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:57pm
Got it, I had to open with WinZip.  Nice work!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:09pm
Thanks Tom. When you have the time please try it with a cold 'n dark flight - I would love to see if it works for you guysSmile.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:28pm
Well I'm off on study leave for about 3 weeks soon, so I'll have loads of time then. 

On the pre start checklist I didn't see you mention anything about the PACKS, but maby I missed it.  Also when you said to enter the V2 speed on the MCP, it should really be V2 + 15.  Other than that excellent work.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:03pm
Thanks very much Tom.

I do actually mention the packs:

"Switch both air conditioning packs to AUTO, confirm PACK OFF lights distinguish"

Also, I too usually enter V2+15 on the MCP, however both Bob Markey and CS state that you should enter just V2. so I just stuck with their official judgement. I always enter V2+15Smile.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:40pm
Also, if a JF staff member/forum mod is reading this:

I do not wish to gain "fame" or anything - but I think it would be great of this topic thread could be stickied at the top of the forum. I spent alot of time typing them out - and Bob Markey's Procedures are so brilliant that I'm surprised I'm the first one to make a copy of them in text format.

Anyway, if you don't sticky it - it's ok. Just enjoy themTongue.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Aircraft Aviation Aircraft Aviation wrote:

Thanks very much Tom.

I do actually mention the packs:

"Switch both air conditioning packs to AUTO, confirm PACK OFF lights distinguish"

Also, I too usually enter V2+15 on the MCP, however both Bob Markey and CS state that you should enter just V2. so I just stuck with their official judgement. I always enter V2+15Smile.
Sorry, never saw that.  Remember PACKS should be off before start.  I'd set V2 on the MCP in a real aircraft, because when airborn the pointer will auto correct the V2 and set it 15 kts faster, however CS dosen't seem to model this. 

You deserve it to be made stickey, very good info.  Don't you think it would be nice to have a section in the forum where we put things like checklists and tutorials etc. made by members?

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 8:33am
Wow thanks Tom - I do aswell think that these should be stickied - they really do represent pretty accurate Procedures for the 757 - Bob Markey did a great job.

It would be nice if there was a "tutorial" forum, where member submissions could be made.

BTW - If you look on the startup procedures, you'll see "command both air conditioning packs OFF, confirm rise in duct pressure". Don't worry - everything is thereSmile.

Cheers,

AA

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 5:54pm

Has anyone downloaded the Procedures and tried a Cold 'n Dark setup with them? I really would like to see if they work for you guysWink.

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:00pm
Very good!  I managed to work through it alright!  I'm pleased to say i've got my 757 Captain working again now (downloaded latest FSUIPC vers.) so I can fly it again!  Only thing with it now is that the thrust modelling is inaccurate - seems to climb with the throttles firewalled yet still not achieving the marked EPR values!  This seems to be a problem with all my Captain Sim products such as 727.  Doesn't stop me using it though!  NAV database is a lot better than it was with the Navigraph database.
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:03pm
Thanks TomW! Glad you found them ok! I find that CS's products are just incredible in detail. I mean the detail in the 757 Captain VC is just phenominal. Every knob/switch/guage is 3D, and the VC textures have a realistic "worn" look to them.

Cheers.

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:33pm
Oh they definitely are incredibly good at visual modelling both inside and out, but not quite so good with flight model accuracy in my opinion.
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 9:46am
Well I thought that their 757 Captain was outstanding. I also own their Legendary 727 Professional, which is equally good.

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone else find those Procedures good?

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 3:35pm
Anyone?Tongue

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:39pm
By the way - These would also make a great addition to Tom's/JF's tutorial for the 757 Captain from a Cold and Dark Cockpit. You can still use all their information for the CDU, flying the aircraft, taxi, takeoff, climb etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic