This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Version of Fallon NAS for Your High-End Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Version of Fallon NAS for Your High-End Computer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Version of Fallon NAS for Your High-End Computer
    Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 9:42am
Jim Dhaenens has released an extensively enhanced version of Fallon NAS (nasfallon.zip available at FlightSim.com). How extensive? It's similar to the full-blown version of Edwards AFB. I mention this because if you cannot run Edwards, you probably will not be able to run this version of Fallon. I suggest you give it a try, though, because it is awesome!

If you are running the Traffic X version of Fallon NAS (KNFL) or the version that I made available for download, I suggest you rename the existing file with a .bak or .bac extension (or move it outside of FSX) rather than delete the existing file. That will enable you to easily return to the version you are currently running if Jim's version is a bit too much for your computer. In the readme file that accompanies Jim's version of Fallon, he does mention some files that can be deactivated, if needed, to increase performance. I chose to deactivate the static aircraft--not because they were a performance problem, but because I have been running only user aircraft for AI military aircraft (something that will change when Just Flight's Traffic X PlusPak - Military is released), and the static aircraft were not quite equal in appearance.

Not only is Jim's version of Fallon extensive, it contains a surprise or two, as well. Highly recommended.

Dan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic