This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wrong airports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wandelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wrong airports
    Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 11:17am

When in FSX in the Free Flight screen I select La Guardia airport the main screen of Free Flight mentions La Guardia Heliport. When I select Fly, the flight starts in the Hudson River. Other airports give problems too. I can select the correct airport, but in the main screen of Free Flight another airport is displayed. The flight then starts at that other airport. Sometimes I start at the selected airport, sometimes on a very different airport.

Whenever I uninstall TrafficX the problem dissappears, whenever I install TrafficX the problem returns. I also did uninstall FSX completely, so I do not know how to solve this. Are there other solutions? 

Avian View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 11:32pm

The problem lies with the way the heliports have been made, they are basically a seperate airfield with a runway etc, only the size of a helipad. To guarantee that you load up at La Guardia, select KLGA and then from the drop down list of starting positions select the fuel pump

(Parking 1 -- fuel box)  This will get you onto La Guardia, hit slew as soon as you load and slew away from the gas pump to wherever you want to start, deselect slew and fly.

This is not a very elegant solution I know, but the answer really lies in moving the helipad a bit further away so that FSX does not get so mixed up, that would be a task for ADE if you are familiar with it, if not download it and try and learn to use it, you will find it an invaluable tool.

Avian View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 11:37pm

I meant also to add the reason it goes away when you unistall Traffic X is because the helipads are on the airport files that ship with Tx, you could always remove the bgl files associated with La Guardia and run it off the stock airport, no helipad at all then.

To do that open the addon scenery folder, inside is another folder called airport facilities and in that a scenery folder, rename the file called "AFX_KLGA.bgl" to "AFX_KLGA.bgl.bak" and that will also work, rmember to restart FSX before you attempt to fly as it will need to register the change by rebuilding the database.

wandelen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wandelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 6:53pm
Thanks for the reply, but by some miracle the problem tonight seemed to be gone.  When I encouter it again I will change the location of the helipad. Thanks a lot. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic