This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alaskan Air Adventures - First Career Mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alaskan Air Adventures - First Career Mode
    Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 2:45am
Finally found a place and a plane to run in Career Mode. I give to you Alaskan Air Adventures.

Purchased the Carenado Cessna 172 on floats and opened a base in Wrangell. The base was $5k to open so I had some money left over. Imported the Carenado and sold my stock FSX Cessna 172. Purchased and insured the 172 on floats. Still had money left over. Thats a good thing. A couple of random shots from my first trip out. Had to cancel a couple of jobs due to real world time constraints and took the rep hit. That's life. I'm using Tongass X for scenery as it's the ultimate seaplane flyers paradise. Maybe get an actual shot at Wrangell tomorrow.

And getting ready to taxi after picking up my next load and head on to the next drop.
I used the shot above to make my company logo.

Would be cool to see cooperative businesses in AH where multiple pilots could join someone elses company.

Career Mode stats:
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 2:51am
Excellent, did you repaint?
Greg
Turbineflyer View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 2:57am
No repaint. The model came with the blue shiny new looking plane and a green one with algea on the floats and old and worn looking. I make logos and banners and stuff but can't repaint planes, yet.
Career Mode stats:
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:02am
That is a great paint for that plane.
Greg
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:20am
Next week I'm putting my SimFlyer radios in. For some reason Carenado always makes it difficult to make mods to the panel and you have to watch and test the positioning numerous times before things fit right but it's always worth it. I'll be retro-fitted to full IFR by next sunday.Cool
Career Mode stats:
Rick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 9:18pm

Wrangell is a good place, I lived there for about 5 yearsBig%20smile

Happy Trails........Rick

"If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life"!
Mustang View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 11:09pm
Good stuff! The paintscheme really looks nice on the plane too.

Originally posted by Turbineflyer Turbineflyer wrote:

I'll be retro-fitted to full IFR by next sunday.Cool

Do water runways come with lighting and ILS? Big%20smile

(For all I know, maybe some do these days, in some fashion!)

Martyn

Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 4:25pm
Looking forward to seeing some more shots. Ever since I got Tongass X and set up a base at Kake, I haven't been able to get out of AlaskaTongue.

I hadn't thought of using the Carenado C172 in career mode--maybe I'll give that a go. It would be the only way I could stand the upward struggle until 50% rep arrives.

Did you sell the default Cessna and buy the Carenado float version? I didn't think it gave you that much money to start with...
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 4:49am
You can do it. I paid $5k for my base open. Sold the stock 172 and purchased the Carenado 172 Float and had over 20k left over. It's freakin AWESOME!
Career Mode stats:
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 7:29am
Excellent logo, maby make your shots a tad bigger next time though.  Good work.
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 7:31am
Sounds like a cool challenge!Tongue

Btw, I added a bunch of AFCAD files so AH would generate jobs to the Forest Service cabins in the area. I think it adds a very realistic element to that kind of flying. 
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Brian_ Brian_ wrote:

Sounds like a cool challenge!Tongue

Btw, I added a bunch of AFCAD files so AH would generate jobs to the Forest Service cabins in the area. I think it adds a very realistic element to that kind of flying. 

Can you give me a few instructions as to how you add these AFCAD files?  That sound very interesting?

I have added runways to some water bases using ADE, in order to get A/H to be tempted into giving out jobs but its rather hit and miss?

Cheers.
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:52am
Herky-

If you only interested in getting AH to generate jobs for these places (as I am) then it's quite simple. You just need to create a starting point for the airport (and maybe a parking spot) and throw the files in your add-on folder. You don't need to create runways or taxiways--any of that stuff.

Or, if you want, I can send the ones I made. Just let me know.Wink
Rick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 2:29pm
"You just need to create a starting point for the airport "

Hey Brian what do you mean by starting point?
        Thanks Rick

Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 7:21am
Sorry for the delay...I just got back from Greece.Tongue

Basically, an airport needs a reference point (which AFCAD and the later version do automatically) and then I like to place at least one starting point (usually on one of the runways or nearby) so that if you should decide to start a flight from one of the cabins, you would have the option to begin somewhere out front. Like I said, I don't bother to create the actual water runways that would be used for these places so the AFCAD files I made have just has two pieces of data--the reference point and one starting location.

I'm just getting started with ADE but I know that with AFCAD, one of the drop down menus has an option for starting locations.
Rick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 8:52pm
Thanks Brian for the reply, I thought that's what you meant but wanted to make sure. I'm useing AFX to do Airports, I like to see in the sim what I'm doing as I do it.
    Thanks Again
       Rick

Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 6:28pm
I just picked up the C172 but my pilot seems to have an issue with his neck:

How did you get him to straighten his head?
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 9:34pm
That's an odd one on me? I have never flown the old green beast. Only the nice blue one so it could be one plane to the other? How's the blue paint pilots neck? Kinked too?
Career Mode stats:
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 12:55am
In the 'Settings Display - Graphics' tab tick the 'Advanced animations' box - that will wake him up!

Malcolm
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 2:36am
Originally posted by VH-MAL VH-MAL wrote:

In the 'Settings Display - Graphics' tab tick the 'Advanced animations' box - that will wake him up!

Malcolm

Yep--That did it. Thanks Malcolm!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic