This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saitek flight sim hardware - now on sale!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saitek flight sim hardware - now on sale!
    Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 3:04pm
We are now selling a range of Saitek flight sim hardware.

As well as the ever popular X52 Pro Flight Control System (joystick and throttle) and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, we are also selling several other items from Saitek's Pro Flight range of cockpit equipment.

Products such as the Pro Flight Radio Panel, Multi Panel, Switch Panel and Instrument Panel are guaranteed to add realism to your sim environment without costing the earth and installing them won't require you to spend several days with a soldering iron and multimeter!

Full details and images of the range are available in the Hardware section of our website.

All Saitek hardware products carry the full number of Just Rewards points, so buying a set of Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (£104.99 / €159.95 / $199.99), for example, will give you £10.50 off any subsequent purchase from Just Flight or Just Trains.

Due to the size and shipping cost of these items, they are available on special order. We guarantee, however, to despatch your order within six working days and we WON’T bill your credit card until the item has been shipped, at which point we'll send you an e-mail notification confirming that your product is on its way.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 4:20pm
I've just got the email from just flight, but I think they are over priced,  £125 for one instrument, seems a bit dear to me.  You say that you would get £12.50 back because of points, but this is just added on to what you pay! 
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 4:28pm
Hi Tom,

We are selling the product for below the RRP and you will get £12.50 for your next purchase. So, providing you choose to use the points, it is approx £17.50 below RRP. The points aren't added to the price of the product...

You will also get our unrivalled support/service! Wink

If you are referring to the actual cost of the item, relative to other FS hardware, its worth bearing in mind that its several instruments in one:

Choose between 6 different flight instruments at the touch of a button:

* Altimeter
    * Attitude Indicator
    * Airspeed Indicator
    * Compass
    * Turn and Slip indicator
    * Vertical Speed

You are, of course, welcome to purchase the product elsewhere if you think we are charging too much

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 11:33pm
omg!! nice to see u guys recieved them!! im waiting for them to arrrive in AUS, they said the 20/09! HOPE SO!! i currently own the saitek throttle, yoke & switch panel atm.. and just bought the rudder pedals 4 days ago! im going to purchase the multi, radio & instrument right away... but dunno how many instrument panels to grab.. im thinking 1, 2 or 3.. ?

johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 3:30am
Shocked That's going to cost a fortune no matter where you make the purchase RasOlo
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 9:58pm
yeah, its gonna hurt..Unhappy but its for the love of flight sim.. Big%20smile

the plan >>

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 3:03am
Ooo that would be nice!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 7:18am
I don't really see the point in the Saitek instruments, for a start they don't look very real, and you can only use them on certain aircraft.
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 8:11am
Tom are you anti Saitek are something?Wink

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Aircraft Aviation Aircraft Aviation wrote:

Tom are you anti Saitek are something?Wink

Yes I think he is. I would love the yoke though!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:25pm
No, I really like their panel switch, but their instruments...  I don't like them, very unrealistic.  You will only ever use them for GA flying and IFR, but very limited. 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:41pm
I'm with Tom on this one - they just don't look right, and it's almost impossible to get a decent looking standard "T" setup.

Interesting yes, but they're more Buck Rogers than aircraft instruments at present. Maybe if there's a decent SDK, that'll solve it (is there yet?).
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 7:32pm
Completely agree with Slopey and Tom.  I love Saiteks products in general, not just their joysticks but I think those small (they are very small apparently) boxy and most importantly limited instruments, are a little pointless and far too overpriced.   I think Rasolo you would be abit disapointed if you bought this.
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 11:11pm
I think moderators should get them free for long term testing.

I mean they could explode and hurt someone. They should definitely be given the once over by moderator/stunt simmers.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

I think moderators should get them free for long term testing.

I mean they could explode and hurt someone. They should definitely be given the once over by moderator/stunt simmers.

I second that
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 11:24pm

Thanks Uncle Mutley.

Only moderators with decades of experience like you and me should be trusted with such a task.

We can't have these kids dropping like flies can we, the springs on those joysticks can be deadly.

Minty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 11:36pm
O M G - Listen to you 2 guys ----- Please 

Sorry - Did I say listen - I meant to type SHOOT
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:14am
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

I don't really see the point in the Saitek instruments, for a start they don't look very real, and you can only use them on certain aircraft.
eg. switch panel didn't work with 737 pilot in command, which i found out yesterday! but works with the C-130 & F-117A

Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

Completely agree with Slopey and Tom.  I love Saiteks products in general, not just their joysticks but I think those small (they are very small apparently) boxy and most importantly limited instruments, are a little pointless and far too overpriced.   I think Rasolo you would be abit disapointed if you bought this.

thanks for the heads up! in that case ill grab just the one instrument panel! VRinsight ProPit is the way to go...but i dont have AU$2400 upfront! thats 15 gauges (incl. GPS)....Shocked compared to Saitek u would get only about 9!! (approx. AU$250)

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:30am

We can't have these kids dropping like flies can we, the springs on those joysticks can be deadly.

So can the possible lead used in the paint (depending on where it was made) Wink
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 4:10pm

RasOlo-  If you want the ultimate realism go Elite.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic