This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saitek flight sim hardware - now on sale!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 8:15am
But you don't get the excellent tech support from Just FlightWink
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

And you can't use a second gfx port on the card when using the TH2Go

Course you can, I run an additional monitor off mine.
M31 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:05am
I actually bought all those panels bar one FIP instrument gauge I got as a freebie from Saitek for helping test it and finished the set up just before Christmas.

Six FIP's, one Switch Panel, one Radio Panel, one Multi Panel, one Yoke and Throttle quad, second Throttle quad I've super glued to the yoke one, rudder pedals and X-52 pro.

You do need a good quality powered USB 2.0 hub for the FIP's though.

Cost me a fortune, but I do enjoy flying with them, as as been said, its mostly GA type stuff, but that's my preferred type of flying :)

Third party user gauges for the FIP's are starting to come out, as well as third party drivers for the other panels I'll be trying very soon ... Saitek have also promised to support all this new stuff in the forthcoming sim from Aerosoft as well as add on more official support for the FIP's.

Heres a pic of my set up I took just before Christmas ... Immersion is a much used word in Flight Sim, but I do get that feeling flying with this stuff and its very satisfying for the type of sim flying I do.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Magic Man Magic Man wrote:

Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

And you can't use a second gfx port on the card when using the TH2Go

Course you can, I run an additional monitor off mine.

Really? Is that a Digital Edition? The Docs I have somewhere said it wasn't possible.

Meh - I've decamped to Eyefinity now anyway.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:34am

Is a digital edition but see no reason why the analogue version shouldn't work as well. Have the TH2Go on one output and a 24" panel on the other output.

Will be going Eyefinity myself with my next build but hoping to use it alongside the TH2Go.

M31, nice setup by the way!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:32am
Nice setup M31.  Still not sure why people buy the instruments, really limits your flying.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Still not sure why people buy the instruments, really limits your flying.

In what way?
M31 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:31pm

Nice setup M31.  Still not sure why people buy the instruments, really limits your flying.

Tom, I'm Disabled now ... I was lucky enough to test some of Saiteks Hardware. its not perfe ct.

This stuff only limits your imagination with what you can do with your perceived power
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 4:29pm

In what way?

Well firstly there is no point buying analogue instruments because if you want to fly a 767 they will look rather out of place. You can only really fly GA.  And secondly, they are already on the screen!Wink
M31 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:21pm

In what way?

Well firstly there is no point buying analogue instruments because if you want to fly a 767 they will look rather out of place. You can only really fly GA.  And secondly, they are already on the screen!Wink

I've never wanted to fly 767's though ... what I have done in real life is fly the RAF Kinloss Flying club, Piper Warrior III from there to RAF Luchers on a Night flight on instruments, this modest set up helps me re-create that flight and countless other GA flights ... its not all about flying, Heavys, you know.

Thanks for letting me know I've wasted money In YOUR Opinion.

GRRR.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by M31 M31 wrote:

GRRR.

He didn't quite say that.
Generic forum signature
M31 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

Originally posted by M31 M31 wrote:

GRRR.

He didn't quite say that.

In so many words.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:15pm

You can configure them to display any one of a number of guages. As for out of place then that could go for everything really - can't fly heavies unless you have a yoke since a stick would look out of place etc.
Unless you're building a replica simpit then everything is out of place really isn't it...
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:30am
I only really started flying heavies when my son came to stay for a fortnight and couldn`t figure them out.  I now use them a lot but got to agree my heart is really in the light planes.  That's why I like visiting Barton airfield near Manchester so much.  Though I do get a kick watching all planes (light and heavy) at Liverpool, theirs a handy little side lane and you can almost touch the undercarriage as they fly over the fence.

Steve
Flyguy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 5:19am
I just looked at the web site and their are no prices listed and no stock on any of them, what's the deal?
fly.w4vy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly.w4vy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 3:27am
I ordered both the Yoke & Pedals from Just Flight on the 15th of July understanding there would be a delay of 1 to 2 weeks with the pedals. The Yoke came a day or 2 later after I placed my order and when it got to the 7th of August I sent the guys a message asking them to chase up the order for me and a day or 2 later I got an email asking if I would take a refund instead as the suppliers were being sloppy. Anyway I waited another week before accepting the refund so now I have the Yoke and no Pedals.

Anyway this isn't a rant at Just Flight as I know they do all they can. I do wonder though if they will have stock for the show they are attending in October. I was thinking of buying a ticket and popping down, maybe get a set of pedals then but we'll see.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 9:34am
I doubt JF will be stocking any hardware at the show, but Saitek were there last year - they sold out, very quickly.  So if you're looking for some Saitek stuff there, get in fast!

Why not just buy from Amazon though?  Madcatz (i.e. Saitek themselves) are showing stock.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 5:32pm
got my pedals from amazon, delivered in 2 days....
fly.w4vy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly.w4vy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:07pm
ok guys I will check Amazon out for the pedals cheers.
KoryBorah View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoryBorah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 4:11pm
Which Radio panel do you have with you?
What are its specifications?
Is it any frequency and interference error free?
Also what are the specifications for your Panel Switch ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic