This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saitek flight sim hardware - now on sale!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

RasOlo-  If you want the ultimate realism go Elite.

If there's one manufacturer who stuff has compatibility issues, it's theirs! Unless you're running their overpriced IR trainer software that is.

The VRInsight pro-pit is just as unrealistic as the Saitek stuff imho.

The only real way to go is CockpitSonic or FlyEngravity, but get yer chequebook out!

The VRInsight MCP Combo is pretty good however as is their new CDU - I have the MCP and its a cheap and acceptable compromise between nothing and a "proper" MCP unit from CS and FE.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 5:24pm
Yes, Elite has got lots of compatibility issues.  I am also running their software, which is a joy to use with their hardware, but with FSX, it takes ages setting everything up.  Infact, I can't even use their throttle and yoke together in FSX!
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 7:58pm
I wish JF would LOWER their prices on this hardware.

and those points are a screw, basically you almost feel obliged to come back and use your "points" at JF. . .
Generic forum signature
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 12:13am

Shocked OMG!!! Shocked ...THANKS TOM, this is madness, i like but still cost abit too much for me! only supplier is through simmarket.com. considering some of they're prices are much much lower than suppliers here they'll be charging me approx. AUD$71.00 for P&H as the products will be shipped from simWare in Belgium!

the new saitek hardware available in aus now...Smile BUT just found some new VRinsight products, the µ-Pro Pit & µ-Jet Pit !! Big%20smile its the more afforadble & micro versions of the ProPit & JetPit. basically with the µ-Pro Pit u get 8 gauges witth 2x programmable 2-position switches for under AUD$600!

Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

If there's one manufacturer who stuff has compatibility issues, it's theirs! Unless you're running their overpriced IR trainer software that is.

The VRInsight pro-pit is just as unrealistic as the Saitek stuff imho.

The only real way to go is CockpitSonic or FlyEngravity, but get yer chequebook out!

The VRInsight MCP Combo is pretty good however as is their new CDU - I have the MCP and its a cheap and acceptable compromise between nothing and a "proper" MCP unit from CS and FE.

missed ur post. hmmm....CockpitSonic or FlyEngravity....the real way to go!! thanks! checking them out now Thumbs%20Up but, im also looking at the most affordable way to go .

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:31am
If you buy some Elite products direct from Elite, they are a lot cheaper than elswhere.  I gpt my yoke from them and got it at an amazing £200 less than normall.  Also if you are interested in Elite, check out ebay, I've seen quite a few on their.  But do not buy the serial version!
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 10:20am
VRinsight seems too complicated to setup, i found simflight.com.au, says they're the sole dealer & agent for ESS products for the australiasian region!! and there prices seem to be 50-60% less.. Thumbs%20Up

another brand i was looking was goflight www.goflightinc.com/order/index.php.. ??

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 10:32am
The go-flight stuff looks horrible. Looks like something made by a high school physics student than a piece of aircraft equipment.
AirHauler Developer
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 10:54am

. better than saitek's though..? atm im only after an Autopilot module

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 4:05pm
Brilliant way of putting it Slopey!
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by RasOlo RasOlo wrote:

VRinsight seems too complicated to setup,

Eh? Install software on CD, Plug in MCP Combo via USB, start FSX, run the utility application for the MCP and choose the aircraft you're going to fly, job done.

Takes seconds, works like a charm.
AirHauler Developer
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 12:15am
Looks good! Yet, as always, expensive
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:57am

Brilliant way of putting it Slopey!

Shocked but between the 2, saitek or goflight?

Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Eh? Install software on CD, Plug in MCP Combo via USB, start FSX, run the utility application for the MCP and choose the aircraft you're going to fly, job done.

Takes seconds, works like a charm.

(btw im only after the uProPit). i was doing a quick flick though manual and kinda got lost with step3.. but reading it again now it seems simple.. Thumbs%20Up looks like it'll be the uProPit!

thanks for helping me out.... still a newbie Ouch

kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 7:40am
Just been reading this post with some interest and thought to add my two penneth.  It may be just my way of thinking, but, if we all had banks of instruments and switches, then this would probably make the vc cockpit surplus to requirements.  We would have the flight dynamics of a particular aircraft and the external views, but what would be the point of the vc? All we'd need is a view as though looking out of the windsheilds.

Having said that, I do have several goflight instruments!  I like to try and find a happy medium.  I have their mcp pro panel as its excellent to use with the pic 737, also the landing gear and flaps panel and finally a radio panel.  The only other instument I'd like would be a pfd, particularly for takeoff and landing.  I use the trackir 5 with 3 screens but always have a problem with viewpoint, especially clocking the pfd on takeoff. I know I can click on the pfd of some aircraft and have it on the screen but this seems unrealistic.  Oh, and forgot to mention the fmc/cdu !  Can imagine that being quite a useful add on.

Rory
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 6:03pm
Oh, and forgot to mention the fmc/cdu
Have you seen the new CDU from VRinsight?  It looks much better than their first one, and the price is fairly good, compared to the likes of flygravity etc.  Here is a link, there's also a video of it in use further down the page. 

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 10:53pm
It does look good - but be warned about buttons. The MCP Combo comes with flat white keys, not the backlit capped keys in the original product shots.

i.e.

And for the CDU - the promo shot is:

Hopefully it will come with the raised, capped keys rather than the flat ones.

Anyone got one yet? I'll fire one out at some point, but I'm not flying the heavies yet - still messing around in prop jobs with AirHauler.
AirHauler Developer
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 7:26am
I did read on the flightstore website that this one cant be used with triplehead2go or trackir?? Although I'm not sure what this means, as would've thought it would display as above. unless they mean there is a conflict when you use in conjuntion with trackir and triplehead.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 7:29am
That's strange.  I won't be getting that then, as I have no other way to look around other than TrackIR.
RasOlo View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RasOlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 8:19am

it also seems to be some problems with its display... Ermm http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=639

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 1:14pm
The display on the CDU *is* a display. Hence if you only have one gfx card which is running a TH2Go, then you've only got one output which is spread across the 3 monitors. And you can't use a second gfx port on the card when using the TH2Go.

Easy solution - fit an additional, cheap gfx card in a second PCI-E/PCI/AGP slot, and run it off that.

Or use WideFS/WideView on a second PC to power the CDU.
AirHauler Developer
JMsheldon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMsheldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 12:28am
It's a rip off!!!!  Get it from amazon for less than half the price!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic