This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Through To World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: England Through To World Cup
    Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 3:01pm
For those of you who did not watch the match last night the final score was England 5 - 1 Croatia.

We are through to the World Cup with a 100% record so far, done better than France and Germany anyway. Full details here:

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 3:06pm
For the first time in long time we can hopefully go into the World Cup as one of the favourites and have a genuine chance of winning!
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 3:58pm
Thats how i see it RAS! france will have to proberly go through the playoffs to get there, looking at the teams playing at the moment we have a great chance! i hope micheal owen scores goals this year tho and at least makes the trip

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:37pm

And it will be winter in South Africa. Reasonable temperatures and no blazing sun zapping our players energy.

8 wins out of 8, you can't do better than that in qualifying.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 10:47pm
I don't think they will win the 2010 world cup (but I think England will do well. Good luck.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

I don't think they will win the 2010 world cup (but I think England will do well. Good luck.

i was kind of hoping for positive comments only edward Smile 

this is the first time we have qualified for the world cup witha 100% record, the manager of Croatia said after the game we have lost all englishness in football, and yes he is right, since when have we done this well in a major tournament qualifier?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:24pm
We have qualified with 100% records twice before but that was only against the home nations, so this time is by far the most impressive!
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:25pm
It is nice to see an Italian manager taking over and fixing what was wrong before!

I don't support England but I wish them luck!

Ti amo Italia!
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:47pm
Come on England, me and a few chums will be off to SA to cheers the lads on. Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic